Zaandam bathroom updates

AtlantaCruiser72

Does anyone know if the bathrooms on the Zaandam have been updated like some on the Volendam and Rotterdam have been, or if they will receive this upgrade at all? If some of them have been done is there any way to know which ones? I'm considering changing from my currently planned Zuiderdam Panama Canal cruise to one of the Zaandam's 14 day Alaska cruises instead, and really like the update bathrooms/showers on the Volendam/Rotterdam. I'd actually pay a bit more for a washroom like that, as funny as it sounds.

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72
making title a question rather than a declarative

Updated how? New tubs, toilets and sinks? Just curious.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Several S & R class ships had a number of, but not all, oceanview bathrooms renovated with new solid surface wall panels, new tile flooring, removal of tub and having a glass shower enclosure instead, and new quartz counters/sink with all new plubling fixtures. Much brighter, fresher and more functional looking.

I'm not sure how to tell on the ships that had the bathroom refresh which one were done and which weren't.

This is one of my small gripes with HAL - when they do revamps on vessels it's a very patchwork approach that lacks consistency. Creates a "crazy quilt" feel to the interiors. They offer such a strong product otherwise that I think most HAL devotees turn a blind eye to that aspect of interior design and chalk it up to being charming and quirky.