Just back from Voyager of the Seas 11/4/05-11/13/05

Amink

We booked parasailing in Labadee. It was a long boat ride that made a lot of people sick. They took out about 10 people at a time to ride tandem. So we were up there for about 7 minutes and the rest of the time we were sitting in the boat waiting for everyone else to go. It was cheaper in Grand Cayman(Seven mile beach) $50 and they took out 2 people at a time. This was on the beach no need to pre book. In the Bahamas we did the banana boat for $15 an adult and $12 a kid under 12. This was also on the beach. If your going to get your hair braided do it on Labadee. It was not only cheaper but done nicer. My girls had it done in Jamaica. Not so nice $2 a braid. The kids and the husband loved the water slide on Labadee. My kids were complaining that I didn't pay for the water trampolines. They looked liked fun. My daughter and I did Dunns River Falls and the Party Boat. Not too great. My husband and other 2 kids did the swim with the dolphins and Dunns River Falls. They loved that. The falls were a little tough. The man in front of me was a great help. Hope this helps.

If you are members of Crown & Anchor (anyone who has sailed one cruise with them can join for free from their website) you will have a coupon in your stateroom for one free meal per person at Johnny Rockets during your cruise. We are soon to be Diamond with Royal Caribbean (though I must admit my favorite line is Norwegian) and each level you reach you will receive more in the way of coupons when you arrive.

we had to except the fact that she would be a little late, and our boarding would be delayed a bit :rolleyes: but not 10 hours!! The beginning boarding process went great with the set sail pass, good system there. Than we sat, and sat, and sat!! We sat there for 7 hours, cold & hungry and only 1 bathroom (1 Men & 1Womens) to share with almost 3,000 people, can you say frustrated:eek:

So we get on board at 10:30.

I found that alot of their employees were rude, and did not seem to care much about you. The servers were really not very nice at all, very moody.

but the native people that were selling their wares were very nasty & pushy. RCCL needs to work on this. Paid for 9, got 8, we were all a little surprised that at the very least they could have given us a shipboard credit. Nothing, nodda, Zero! That's just wrong!!:mad: I do not think I will cruise on RCCL again, not until they become less greedy, and pay more attention to paying customers.

I hope anyone that is cruising on RCCL will have a better experience than I did, I wish you well, and sincerely hope RCCL gets their act together soon!

1) I got there aroun 4:00 and boarded at 9:30. I'm not sure how you could have waited for 7 hours considering they boarded by number. Yes it was a pain but with your logic of getting a credit, RCCL would have to charge the people coming from Bermuda more because of the weather. There is a contract you enter into when you go on a cruise. Read the parts about weather. A similar thing happened to me with Carnival last year and we were not compensated. It's just the way things go. As far as Bayonne, RCCL does not own it's not their fault the way it is set up. It's simply not equipped to handle major delays. We also don't know if there were problems with the other ship and passing immigration.

2) I found a lot of people on this cruise with an attitude moaning about everything which may explain some of the attitude you may have noted with the servers. I found everyone nice and more than willing to bend over backwards for us. Maybe it's because we were nice to them, not saying you were not.

3) As far as Labadee goes, I stayed far away from those markets thanks to posts from this board and I did not have to worry about the pushy people. Labadee was beautiful and we loved it. The kids and I did the water park. It was a lot of work climbing onto the things in the water. Wish we did the water slide instead. It did look like fun.

Overall this was a very good vacation for us.

November 2nd, 2005, 10:28 PM

NJMetsFan

Cool Cruiser Join Date: Oct 2005

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hear what you are saying but by not planning properly and getting the ship out of port, RCCL screwed up. Their obligations should be to make sure the ships stay on schedule. People on your trip will be majorly inconvenienced by missing flights and those supposed to be leaving on the 4th who are coming in early to the port will have to sit around the dreadful port for hours. Those of us with small children are not going to be happy.

Gee, NJMetsFan

Was this a complaint from you, I see? Why is it you feel you can voice your concerns, and opinions but I cannot? seems a little unfair.

I have been a member of this board since it's inception, only under a different name, and I stopped posting because of people like you who feel only what they say matters, and picking on others for their opinions, it is called FLAMEING!, it is very immature. I guess things never will change.

Archived