Conquest #2473 and #2465

tilliebob1919

Hi, thinking of doing this staterooms. Anyone been in either one or the other?? Would like some feedback on the pros and cons. Already know they're way in the back of the Main deck and underneath one of the dining rooms, which I have never been. Usually book in the middle. TYIA!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

2473 is a great cabin. I've been in 2474, which is the opposite side, so a mirror image. Lots of space, more than regular cabin, two picture windows. I would go for it.

2470 is the mirror image to 2473.

I have stayed in 2470 4 times and my family in 2473 once. They are better than 2465 because they have much more space including a sofa. All of those cabins have 2 windows. I also saw somewhere that 2465 is a HC cabin so it's modified and there's a small but real chance you could get booted from it if needed.

2470 is the mirror image to 2473.

I have stayed in 2470 4 times and my family in 2473 once. They are better than 2465 because they have much more space including a sofa. All of those cabins have 2 windows. I also saw somewhere that 2465 is a HC cabin so it's modified and there's a small but real chance you could get booted from it if needed.

Correct, I had a senior moment

I was in 2462 on the Glory in September. Loved the layout of the room and the two windows. But the word "vibration" doesn't even begin to describe what was going on in that cabin. The worst sounds were coming from inside the wall (between the back of the tv and the bathroom) so there was no way to pad areas with washcloths, etc. to stop the sound. There were assorted squeaks, vibrations, thumps - you name it, we heard it. There were times my SO turned the tv on maximum volume but still couldn't hear it clearly. I hate television so that was not fun for me. I still loved the cabin (I really enjoy "odd" or unusual cabins), but I don't think I would book it again. I know the Glory has more issues with vibration than the Conquest, but if vibration or noise would really bother you, I would not chance it.

I was in 2462 on the Glory in September. Loved the layout of the room and the two windows. But the word "vibration" doesn't even begin to describe what was going on in that cabin. The worst sounds were coming from inside the wall (between the back of the tv and the bathroom) so there was no way to pad areas with washcloths, etc. to stop the sound. There were assorted squeaks, vibrations, thumps - you name it, we heard it. There were times my SO turned the tv on maximum volume but still couldn't hear it clearly. I hate television so that was not fun for me. I still loved the cabin (I really enjoy "odd" or unusual cabins), but I don't think I would book it again. I know the Glory has more issues with vibration than the Conquest, but if vibration or noise would really bother you, I would not chance it.

Agree. I have been in 2470 on both Glory and Conquest and they are loud with lots of vibration and it's not just when pulling into port. I have posted quite a few times on these cabins. You should be able to find them by searching 2470.

We love Conquest class cabins 2465, 2462, 2470 and 2473! Not all Conquest class cabins 2465 are handicapped. I know the Carnival Freedom is, but the Carnival Conquest isn't.

We have cabin 2465 on the Carnival Conquest for the March 4th sailing. I checked at least 3 times a day to see if 2470, or 2473 would open up. No dice, but completely happy to have 2465.

I have been trying to find the difference in square footage between 2465 and 2473. The only difference that I can tell is the area where the couch is in 2473. So 2465 still has a lot of space. The 2 windows are awesome!

Now in regards to cabin 2474 compared to 2473 is still the same size, however 2474 only has 1 window in like a "hull". You can see water, but not like 2473 where you can see the water going by.

I would rather have cabin 2465 or 2462 over 2474 any day. I really do spend a lot of time in my cabin, just watching the water go by. Such a calming experience. I even get sad when it gets dark because I can't see the water. Especially the last day of the cruise right before sunset. Lol!

As far as vibrations and engine noise has never been an issue with us. The added space and great rates for these cabins, more than make up for it. We always will choose cabins 2465, 2462, 2470 and 2473 over a standard balcony. We have even turned down upgrades and upsells.

We have cruised in 2470 or 2473 many times now. Next cruise on the Glory is 2473,

We love these cabins, I wish the new class of ships had these.

As far as vibrations go. I guess everyone has there idea of what is bad or loud.

For us it's a very minor, ymmv

They are great rooms for the money and like above poster we would stay here over a std balcolny any day

I have 2470 and 2473 booked for upcoming family cruise on Glory,it looks large.If its anything like 2485 on Dream class i know we will be happy. If you're ever on Dream,Magic or Breeze,try to get 2485. Like everyone else said,I wouldn't accept a balcony over this cabin.It's so big you could get 4-6 people in it but its rated for 2 people

We have 2470 and 2473 booked for upcoming Glory cruise in October. They looked almost as big as 2485 on Dream Class ships.Try for 2485 if you ever go on Dream class,we have it booked for May Magic cruise and I will have been in that cabin for all Dream class ships.It's the size of a suite and I would not take a balcony instead of that cabin like others said earlier.

We had 2473 on Conquest's Christmas sailing. We loved that room. So much room, we didn't feel claustrophobic. There were vibration noises. Most were during docking and take off. At least one night more than usual on a decently rough sea day. Nothing too bad. I am a light sleeper and it was more or less creeking. The windows are great. The outside hall area didn't get much noise since only those who "lived there" would go there.

• 1 year later...

What a perfect thread for me! I booked on the 11/24 sailing on the Glory. I booked 2465 and my sister booked 2470. I can't wait to see the rooms. I was concerned that being backed up to a crew-member stairway might be a noise issue, but it sounds like it's more of an engine issue. It'll be nice to have the 2 windows and I think that the vibration while docking will be a forced alarm clock for me.

We have cruised in 2470 or 2473 many times now. Next cruise on the Glory is 2473,

We love these cabins, I wish the new class of ships had these.

As far as vibrations go. I guess everyone has there idea of what is bad or loud.

For us it's a very minor, ymmv

They are great rooms for the money and like above poster we would stay here over a std balcolny any day

Same with us. We have sailed in 2470 many times and it's our favorite cabin by far.