Navigator of the Seas - 9 Day Southern Caribbean- Another Sayvan Semi Live Report

sayvan

What a small world ... practically neighbours...

Subscribed.......... from another neighbour I did wave to you while you passed my hometown driving on the 401 to Detroit if that is indeed that is the way you went OR I just waved at another random cruiser from Justin Bieber's hometown ;p

Your pictures have been truly breath-taking! I was very happy to see you used Compass tours in Bonaire - we have booked with them for our March 31st Navigator cruise. We thought we would like the smaller boat. Thank you for taking the time to do your review! Now I am ready to get the suitcases out;)

We have never had problems with anytime dining. Just make reservations for what ever time we want each day. Decide depending on shows and shore times. Ring up or go to DR to change if want. Usually wait no more than 5-10 minutes. Get a drink from bar before hand, no problem

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I guess the real issue is if you have to make reservations then technically it's not "anytime" or "My time" dining. just sayin....

Day 9 - Sea Day

Well it was now our last full day on the ship. Navigator was slowly making her way back to Miami and this would be our last chance to enjoy her as much as we can...then place those suitcases out in the hallway....

Vybes 4 were back out on the deck and folks were up and dancing to their reggae sounds... This band was very good and one of the best I have run into on a cruise ship...

_DSC1099.jpg

_DSC1098.jpg

The Sky Bar was busy as usual today.... of all the bars on the ship this seemed to always be busy.. my advice...use the bar on Deck 11.

_DSC1100.jpg

We weren't the only ship heading back to Miami today...

_DSC1102.jpg

Note the guy pushing the cart... This was my favourite guy pushing a cart full of ice and beer... the coldest beer...so cold....

_DSC1101.jpg

The deck was full of cruisers today...

_DSC1103.jpg

A couple of more shots from Deck 12

_DSC1119.jpg

_DSC1118.jpg

_DSC1121.jpg

Always enjoying a good book!

_DSC1122.jpg

On our last evening on the ship we experienced Circus Circus on the Royal Promenade.. But first we needed to get a few pictures in the framed couch...

_DSC1124.jpg

_DSC1125.jpg

_DSC1163.jpg

_DSC1165.jpg

With that the Parade cam to an end and we headed back to our rooms to pack up...set the suitcases in the hallway and then enjoy one last evening on Navigator... Disembarkation was getting closer...

I guess the real issue is if you have to make reservations then technically it's not "anytime" or "My time" dining. just sayin....

But is more flexible as can change each day! Not stuck with 6:30 and 8:30 every day. No restaurant could cope with everyone coming at same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It was now 10 days ago that we boarded Navigator... As we awoke on this day we would be leaving her behind... yes it was now disembarkation day :(. Unlike embarkation day the disembarkation was a breeze. We were in no rush to leave Navigator behind, so we basically stayed on the ship as long as we could. We were staying in Ft. Lauderdale for a few more days so we took our time, headed up to the Windjammer for the last time and then went down to Boleros and hung out until our number was called. We were off the ship around 10 am, had no backup in customs and after a short line picked up a cab for the ride to Ft. Lauderdale. We were staying at the Hyatt Regency and the cab cost us around $80 from the Port. I should have taken an uber! Oh well live and learn...

Our cruise on Navigator was fabulous! As first time Royal cruisers, I can clearly say this won't be our last... A quick summary on over all experience for you:

Condition of Ship: The ship was in excellent condition and you could see the staff working and cleaning all the time!

Food: No complaints... In the windjammer there were more than enough options and although it was crowded for breakfast it was not hard to find a spot. We didn't eat in any of the specialty restaurants. The main dining room was fabulous. There was variety on the menu and the food was great. I know people always find complaints but let me just say we found it to be fine, I didn't have to prepare it and I didn't have to clean up...Our servers were excellent and always brought other items for us to sample and share that our group didn't even order... our dinners in the main dining room were a highlight each day. If I had a complaint, the complaint would be our "my time" experience was not comparable or up to the standards we have experienced on Carnival, NCL or Celebrity.

Our Room: Our room was fabulous and one of the best balcony rooms we have had. I say that because the storage options were great, the room was spacious and our room attendant took good care of all our needs. We didn't see him all that much but when we did he would always greet us and ask if we needed anything.

Entertainment: Ok as I mentioned before we didn't attend many of the shows but what we did experience in other areas of the ship, we enjoyed. In particular, the Piano bar. On the pool deck, Vybes4 helped set the mood as well.

Drinks: We did not opt in to the drink package. I debated on this for weeks prior and then once on the ship. At the end of the day, I actually did better then the cost of the package and I had a drink whenever I wanted one so I wasn't "cheaping" out on myself. All of that being said, I felt as tho the drink prices seemed high on Royal as compared to other cruise lines I have been on. For example, the drink package covered you up to $12 a drink. We like our wine in the evenings and spent time in Vintages. Based on the prices in Vintages, a drink package would have only covered me on a couple of brands. I would have paid extra for anything decent. On Celebrity (where we almost always take the package) and Princess we never have had to pay extra for our drinks... They covered more... and we were ordering top Vintages....To be clear... not a complaint just an observation and it certainly didn't ruin our cruise in any way or alter our thoughts on travelling with Royal again.. In fact, I can't wait to!

Will we be back: Definitely!

Ok...now to move on to the after trip.... Ft. Lauderdale!

As I stated above our next stop for a few days would be in Ft. Lauderdale... We stayed at the Hyatt Regency. We didn't have a car but the hotel, although not "walking" close to the beach is only about a 5-10 min drive. We walked most of the timeand that took us about 20 minutes give or take and the area felt very safe. The grounds of the Hyatt are fabulous with 3 pools, cabanas, lots of chairs and a bar with a restaurant. Our room (forgot to take some pictures) backed onto the waterway and as the hotel is on a marina... Overall we were pleased with this choice...

_DSC1171.jpg

_DSC1174.jpg

_DSC1176.jpg

_DSC1175.jpg

_DSC1172.jpg

_DSC1173.jpg

Some more from the grounds...

_DSC1181.jpg

This is the view from our room....

_DSC1183.jpg

We did enjoy some Sangria at the pool!

Photo%202017-02-12%202%2047%2040%20PM.jpg

My view from the chair...

Photo%202017-02-13%202%2052%2034%20PM.jpg

G0544101.jpg

Love my GoPro...

G0544103.jpg

G0584120.jpg

A selfie as I contemplate having to go home...

Photo%202017-02-12%2012%2039%2015%20PM_1.jpg

With that our trip was over. Thanks to everyone for following along and if you have any questions I will see what I can do about answering them.

I will upload some videos very soon so stay tuned for that as well... In the meantime, I will leave you with words from the song made famous by Jimmy Buffett because it really has been a "Lovely Cruise"

Drink it up

This ones for you

It's been a lovely cruise

I'm sorry it's ended

It's sad but it's true

Honey it's been a lovely cruise

These moments were left with

May you always remember

These moments are shared by few

There's wind in our hair

And there's water in our shoes

Honey, it's been a lovely cruise