Navigator of the Seas - 9 Day Southern Caribbean- Another Sayvan Semi Live Report

sayvan

From one ParriotHead to another, thanks for the Lovely Cruise. I'll be on her in 10 days...

G0584120.jpg

A selfie as I contemplate having to go home...

Photo%202017-02-12%2012%2039%2015%20PM_1.jpg

With that our trip was over. Thanks to everyone for following along and if you have any questions I will see what I can do about answering them.

I will upload some videos very soon so stay tuned for that as well... In the meantime, I will leave you with words from the song made famous by Jimmy Buffett because it really has been a "Lovely Cruise"

Drink it up

This ones for you

It's been a lovely cruise

I'm sorry it's ended

It's sad but it's true

Honey it's been a lovely cruise

These moments were left with

May you always remember

These moments are shared by few

There's wind in our hair

And there's water in our shoes

Honey, it's been a lovely cruise

These moments we're left with

May you always remember

These moments are shared by few

And those harbor lights

Aw they're coming into view

We bid our farewell much too soon

So drink it up

This one's for you

Honey, it's been a lovely cruise

Yea baby, it's been a lovely cruise

Oh darlin' it's been a lovely cruise

_DSC0516.jpg

Some shots at the Marina...

_DSC1190.jpgThe Hotel was actually called the Hyatt Regency Pier 66

_DSC1186.jpg

_DSC1184.jpg

_DSC1187.jpg

We love staying there when we sail out of Port Everglades. Not sure about the cab you caught... YIKES... last time we were there it was around $20 I think... Thanks for taking us along for the sail.

Thanks for the fun walk through your trip. Our cruise is in April and I really am hyped up for it now. My husband and I are a little like you guys just like to relax and we never eat at the specialty restaurants either. Why the dining room food is what I paid for and shoot any meal I don't have to cook or clean up after is amazing to me [emoji39]. We don't drink enough for the drink package to be worth it and with the extra charges seems pointless. Thanks for the insight on that.

My hubby has a question about your GoPro did you use a filter on your snorkeling tour?

We just got ours at Christmas and he's been playing with it since and debating on the filters for our diving and snorkeling excursions.

Thanks again for sharing your adventures with all of us.

Mindy

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

With that our trip was over. Thanks to everyone for following along and if you have any questions I will see what I can do about answering them.

I will upload some videos very soon so stay tuned for that as well... In the meantime, I will leave you with words from the song made famous by Jimmy Buffett because it really has been a "Lovely Cruise"

Thank you for the great review and sharing those beautiful photos.

We love staying there when we sail out of Port Everglades. Not sure about the cab you caught... YIKES... last time we were there it was around $20 I think... Thanks for taking us along for the sail.

Their cab was from Port of Miami to the Hyatt Pier 66. No way you did that run for $20 in a taxi. From Port Everglades, yes for sure, but not from POM.

We too enjoy the Hyatt Pier 66. Liked it more before they rebuilt the marina and stopped the water taxi docking there.

Dan.

Their cab was from Port of Miami to the Hyatt Pier 66. No way you did that run for $20 in a taxi. From Port Everglades, yes for sure, but not from POM.

We too enjoy the Hyatt Pier 66. Liked it more before they rebuilt the marina and stopped the water taxi docking there.

Dan.

Yes Dan is correct the ride was from POM. It is shame the water taxi stop isn't there anymore... that would have been great!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes cab was from POM ... thanks for following!

Thanks for the fun walk through your trip. Our cruise is in April and I really am hyped up for it now. My husband and I are a little like you guys just like to relax and we never eat at the specialty restaurants either. Why the dining room food is what I paid for and shoot any meal I don't have to cook or clean up after is amazing to me [emoji39]. We don't drink enough for the drink package to be worth it and with the extra charges seems pointless. Thanks for the insight on that.

My hubby has a question about your GoPro did you use a filter on your snorkeling tour?

We just got ours at Christmas and he's been playing with it since and debating on the filters for our diving and snorkeling excursions.

Thanks again for sharing your adventures with all of us.

Mindy

Glad you enjoyed and thank you for following along. I do have a red filter for the GoPro but I actually didn't use it. I like to shoot both video and photo with the GoPro and I find that if your shooting above the water the filter creates a bit of a problem. Underwater it's fine. The red filter is good from anything between 10 feet and 80 feet... if your going to go deeper then you would need the magenta filter. My guess is if your snorkelling and not diving red is best. Alternatively , although the GoPro only shoots in JPEG, you can alter the white balance in photoshop or Lightroom and that will work almost as good. The filter really only adds red to the image because as you go under water the first colour to disappear are the reds and you can easily adjust that with software! a small filter lesson for ya!

Dan.

Ahhh... missed the Miami part. Been reading too many reviews... Yes, the ride I mentioned was from Port Everglades (FL). Nevermind... now the cab fee makes more sense.

Ahhh... missed the Miami part. Been reading too many reviews... Yes, the ride I mentioned was from Port Everglades (FL). Nevermind... now the cab fee makes more sense.

I hadn't realized how close Port Everglades was to the Hyatt... surprised it cost 20 bucks... you can see the Port from the hotel pretty much!

I have sailed on the Navigator. The service in the dinning room was excellent. We like to sit at a table for 2. The service staff recognised us every time we came in and seated us at a table for for 2 the same table was always available. We had my time dinning. I think you will like this ship.

Sayvan, thank you very much for the review and the pictures.

We will be on Navigator in June for European Cruise, and this is going to be our first cruise with Royal Caribbean. So your review was very helpful for me - to get an idea what to expect.

The parade looked like real fun. Do they do parades on all cruises? Should we expect one on European cruise too? If so, I will try to make it :)

Sayvan, we have enjoyed your trip report immensely including your beautiful pictures! We are on the March 31 sailing. Do you happen to remember the menu order for each night?

Thanks for following along and I am sorry but I didn't take any pictures of the menus. I can say that the menus were different everyday.

Thanks for your awesome review! Loved your pictures. ABC islands are on our to do list :)

I highly recommend the islands ... we will do our best to get back to them!

I have sailed on the Navigator. The service in the dinning room was excellent. We like to sit at a table for 2. The service staff recognised us every time we came in and seated us at a table for for 2 the same table was always available. We had my time dinning. I think you will like this ship.

You had better luck then we did with my time dining... as far as getting in quickly... no other issues with the dining room tho!

Sayvan, thank you very much for the review and the pictures.

We will be on Navigator in June for European Cruise, and this is going to be our first cruise with Royal Caribbean. So your review was very helpful for me - to get an idea what to expect.

The parade looked like real fun. Do they do parades on all cruises? Should we expect one on European cruise too? If so, I will try to make it :)

Do make sure you don't miss the ice show. Much better then the parade.;p

Do make sure you don't miss the ice show. Much better then the parade.;p

We have the ice show in our plans, thank you!

The itinerary has 4 sea days, so we have to figure what to do on the ship on those sea days :)

My daughter also is looking forward to the ice-skating, though doesn't look like the rink is quite large. Does the rink usually get crowded? Our cruise looks like it is going to be packed.

Thank you!

Do you need to book in advance? Or is it just line there?

We didn't have to book for the ice show... they did it a few times on our cruise. Just walked in. Lots of seats were available. The show was in the afternoon on sea days ... I will check the compass and let you know what it was for our itinerary.