Navigator of the Seas - 9 Day Southern Caribbean- Another Sayvan Semi Live Report

sayvan

Page 8: The beach was called Playa Cas Abao and the ride was $65 one way. Cas Abao Beach is about 20 miles northwest of Willemstad, near the town Fontein. The beach is only accessible by car, and there is a parking lot on site. All in all, this was about a 20-30 minute ride one way. As it happened, we discovered that some folks from our hometown were also on this cruise (although we didn't know this until we ran into each other on the ship) and they also wanted to head to this beach so we all shared a cab. It ended up costing us around $30 return for the both of us. A pretty good deal quite frankly!

There was a cost to enter the beach but that was looked after as part of the fare. The beach is only accessible by car and has parking facilities as well. Our driver left us his card, asked us how long we wanted to stay and said he would be back to get us. We arrived around 11am at the beach and all decided we would stay until 2 pm and he agreed to be back for us. No doubt, I am now writing this review so he did return to get us.

Your pictures were beautiful. I wish i could do this on my next vacation. It took me so long to learn to learn how to navigate this computer site. I still am not good at it. I bought a camera that is a touch screen and i still don't know how to work it. I finally bought a cell phone after years and years of my kids hounding me to buy one now i see i only have to click the camera icon to take a picture. I think i got that down pat. thanks again

Your pictures were beautiful. I wish i could do this on my next vacation. It took me so long to learn to learn how to navigate this computer site. I still am not good at it. I bought a camera that is a touch screen and i still don't know how to work it. I finally bought a cell phone after years and years of my kids hounding me to buy one now i see i only have to click the camera icon to take a picture. I think i got that down pat. thanks again

I shot on the aperture priority setting and set the camera to raw which is the Digital equivalent to a film negative but if you're not sure just put your camera on the auto or program setting and click away...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I shot on the aperture priority setting and set the camera to raw which is the Digital equivalent to a film negative but if you're not sure just put your camera on the auto or program setting and click away...

lol Now i understand everything. Thanks anyway. Your pictures are beautiful .

Thanks for the great review. We are doing this cruise in November. Been to Aruba and Curacao, but not Bonaire. Looking forward to it. We've been on Adventure (sister ship) but not Navigator. It looks wonderful.

Just an FYI - We went to Playa Porto Marie in Curacao a few years ago. Very much like Playa Cas Abao. The taxi ride there was about 35-40 minutes and as I recall the taxi ride was very expensive there as well.

I have been looking for a Go Pro for hubby before this trip. I found the same one you have at Sam's Club and put it in my shopping cart. Thanks for the recommendation.

Wow, that's one expensive taxi ride. Must be a long way.

It was about a 20-25 minute ride from the ship.

I think that is very expensive. You can get from the airport in San Juan to the Pan American pier for about $20.00 and ride is about the same length. One of the first times that we went to St. Thomas we hired a taxi for a tour of the island and we paid about $60.00 for over three hours.

I think that is very expensive. You can get from the airport in San Juan to the Pan American pier for about $20.00 and ride is about the same length. One of the first times that we went to St. Thomas we hired a taxi for a tour of the island and we paid about $60.00 for over three hours.

Should also note as I said earlier it included the beach fee entrance as well. Personally 15 bucks for two people one way imho is not that bad... hey everyone has to make a living! We don't mind a shared ride either! I guess if you go on your own it would be pricey but heck I payed over 80 bucks for a ride in a cab from POM to Fort Lauderdale after the cruise so this in comparison seems like a deal! [emoji3] and when you convert the American dollar to my Canadian dollar... ouch!

Ok... Here is a quick video of Aruba's Palm Beach. I have condensed a pretty full day into a 4 minutes video...

Nice video, we've been there a few times and have really enjoyed it.:)

Glad it finally worked for you... not really sure what the problem is on your end. I think it has something to do with the CC app and YouTube because I noticed when I tried it on my iPad there were some issues but not on the tv or laptop. Hope it was worth the wait! [emoji3]

that review was awesome. thanks.

we just booked this cruise.

• 1 month later...
(text removed)... Our table mates... One person missing...

(pics removed)

Following dinner on this night we would head off to the adult game show Quest.... Wow... this was something I had never experienced on a cruise ship before. One of our friends from the table, Gary, was also in the Thriller dance routine that started off the show...video will follow. The game show Quest was an event like no other. This was held in Studio B where the skating rink is. The idea, as many of you may know, was that the studio was split into teams from the different seat sections. Each team selected some leaders and the task was then to find things from your section that the game show host would call out. For example, a pair of flip flops.... or a thong... or bra... or some guys underwear.... well you get the idea...teams were then awarded points for how fast they could find these things. I have to say... we actually had full on nudity on the floor from both men and woman... it was something to see.... and a lot of fun. I did take a number of pictures but frankly many I can't show! ...

Hello, I participated in this Thriller dance routine... Did you post the video of this top notch :') dance production? LOL. I've never seen the end result.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello, I participated in this Thriller dance routine... Did you post the video of this top notch :') dance production? LOL. I've never seen the end result.

I did record the video... I will find it and post it for you!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Anytime dining at RCCI is a joke as you mentioned. Carnival seats you immediately and Royal tells you to come back in an hour... I am not sure why they can't get it right. Great review btw, we did this in December & the Christmas decorations were pretty!

Wow, my experiences was just the opposite, Carnival was handing out pagers on my cruise in June 2017