Koningsdam - Back Home

richwmn

Sorry, I was going by what I remembered my PCC saying, and it might have been larger rather than largest. I thought I had looked at the deck plans and that 1012 was the last OO. Looking again I see two more aft which might be slightly larger. Not sure if the difference would be very much. I didn't have any contact with the passengers in neighboring cabins so I don't know about the positioning of the commode in those staterooms.

edit:

looking back at the post about size I said "One of the largest".

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Just based on the deck plan, "one of the largest" is probably most accurate description of 1012. Certainly, again based on the deck plan, the OO staterooms forward of yours appear not to be as "roomy". Even with the ones aft of yours, if there is any difference in size, it's probably in millimeters of difference.

My reason for questioning is due to my plan to make a far out booking for the Koningsdam (or on the Nieuw Statendam) in order to snag one of these OO staterooms. If I can, of course. "Buyer beware"; I want to know what I am going to find before making such a booking decision.

Thank you for your information!

Thanks for your prompt reply. Just based on the deck plan, "one of the largest" is probably most accurate description of 1012. Certainly, again based on the deck plan, the OO staterooms forward of yours appear not to be as "roomy". Even with the ones aft of yours, if there is any difference in size, it's probably in millimeters of difference.

My reason for questioning is due to my plan to make a far out booking for the Koningsdam (or on the Nieuw Statendam) in order to snag one of these OO staterooms. If I can, of course. "Buyer beware"; I want to know what I am going to find before making such a booking decision.

Thank you for your information!

When I booked my Koningsdam cruise I got a nice discount by taking the Solo cabin. Looking at a random Caribbean Cruise for next season, I found the pricing to be about the same for the OO cabins as an Outside Obstructed regular cabin. With that in mind, I might go with a regular cabin to have more choice on location. While I had no problems with the cabin, choice is nice.

When we were on the Koningsdam, it wasn't working for us until I disabled the Koningsdam WiFi. The requests from the Mobile Passport app were being sent (and discarded) on the Koningsdam WiFi instead of the cell network. Once I disabled the WiFi, the app worked perfect... Mark

I did not use the ship's wifi; I was out on deck trying through AT&T.

When I booked my Koningsdam cruise I got a nice discount by taking the Solo cabin. Looking at a random Caribbean Cruise for next season, I found the pricing to be about the same for the OO cabins as an Outside Obstructed regular cabin. With that in mind, I might go with a regular cabin to have more choice on location. While I had no problems with the cabin, choice is nice.

I understand what you are saying. On one of the Vista Class ships, I had a G stateroom on Deck 4. The location was good, floor to ceiling window, lots of room and storage, a bit of a sea view, and an excellent price. (Had to keep the curtain closed in the early morning in case a crew member was working on the lifeboat outside my window.)

I do appreciate your comments. Thank you!