On Board Encore

wineasmusic

Coffee at breakfast seems to be an issue. Do they offer cafeteriers or French press like on the Odyssey three? We much prefer it. by eliana

We always have 'French press' at breakfast and we have no problems with the coffee but tea is another matter.

Tour today required meeting at 7:40 but the colonnade does not open till 7:30 so we did room service. Marked 6:45-7:00 on the tag and I set a wake-up call for 6:40. At 6:35 the was banging on the door, it was our breakfast. Order was all correct!

D2

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

After 42 days on Encore [and 150 days in previous trips on the Sojourn class], I can tell you that there are definite service issues on Encore. NOT ENOUGH PEOPLE! and the ones there are either so new they make mistakes or they are veterans and are overworked. Let us hope this is a "mistake" and not a conscious part of the business plan of Seabourn and Carnival! if it is the latter, the will "kill the goose who lays the golden egg."

After 42 days on Encore [and 150 days in previous trips on the Sojourn class], I can tell you that there are definite service issues on Encore. NOT ENOUGH PEOPLE! and the ones there are either so new they make mistakes or they are veterans and are overworked. Let us hope this is a "mistake" and not a conscious part of the business plan of Seabourn and Carnival! if it is the latter, the will "kill the goose who lays the golden egg."

It was exactly the same on my recent Seabourn Odyssey cruise. 27 nights in the Caribbean - fabulous staff as always but nowhere near enough of them. The experienced ones were significantly overworked, maintaining that smile and "can do attitude" but it was obvious that it was really difficult. For the first time we heard many staff say to us that they won't be returning after their current contracts and will be trying other careers paths. I provided that clear feedback in my post cruise survey and have one more Seabourn cruise booked. Will see how that goes. I am like you - I hope it was a "one off" and not part of the future of Seabourn. We became friends with several first time cruisers who pledged not to return. Most of the regulars said they would give them another chance, putting the lack of trained staff down to the new ship and the drain on resources. With the Ovation out next year, Seabourn had better get this staffing issue resolved quickly. I love Seabourn, it has been my first choice in cruiselines for several years, I only have 6 cruises with them, but I would really like to enjoy them for many years to come. Having said that, it is a considerable investment and there are plenty of other holiday choices out there.

Oh Dear. It was service that placed Seabourn above its rivals. I hope that Carnival are not killing the golden goose. If they are our forthcoming cruise on Encore will be our last with Seabourn.

Oh Dear. It was service that placed Seabourn above its rivals. I hope that Carnival are not killing the golden goose. If they are our forthcoming cruise on Encore will be our last with Seabourn.

I genuinely hope this is just an aberration and not the way of the future.

We will be back on the Odyssey in just over a month. We are loyal SB cruisers, and hope this is a temporary staffing / training issue, we had no issues on our last cruise but have heard from multiple folks who were on the Encore, in addition to all the posts here, and hope senior management will take the appropriate actions to bring service back to what we expect after hundreds of days on board.

Onboard encore today.

1. Our 2 suite's luggages were placed at the old suite room. We changed into connecting room few weeks ago.I though they would've scanned the bar code before delivering to the suite. This never happened to our last 3 Sojourn cruises with last minutes room change.

2. I need a high chair for my son, last sojourn cruise they had few high chairs to choose from with correct height (dinner table height). There were 8 young kids on that cruise LOL.

I was told there are only one high chair onboard. What makes it even worse is the height of chair is 60cm ABOVE the dinner table. They promise they will sort it out. Fingers crossed.

從我的iPhone使用Tapatalk 發送

So we got off in Sydney. It was a wonderful cruise and we really enjoyed it. But, I think this size ship creates a slightly different experience. It is much harder for staff to learn your name like they always did on the legend class and mostly do on the Odyssey class. Our cruise was mostly cool weather, but I'm guessing there will be a lot of problem finding shady spots by the pool with 600. I think they need to focus a little attention to the slow coffee and wine service in the colonnade during rush hours.

So I won't avoid the ship in the future, but I will be aware it is a different experience. Really enjoyed our cruise.

D2

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

Thank you wineasmusic for your ongoing observations while on board Encore. Hope you made it safely back to Texas by now. To post, did you access the internet by phone, internet, wifi on board or in port? What plans were available on board ship, what was the cost and how was the speed? And while you were away did you use your cell phone for texting or calling? Just trying to anticipate our trip in the Med on Encore. Thanks for your help/

• 1 month later...