celebrity sillowette Baltic cruise

american gal

No. But I have done the 14 day Eclipse cruise which spent three days in St Petersburg. We booked a private tour to see the main sites via Alla Tours.

Is it a long day? I think the question is a little subjective, but there is a lot to see and our tour guide was not hanging about. Some exhibits were understandably very busy and so she was forced to 'crack on' as we say in the UK and whisk us through some areas as they operate on a tight schedule.

There are steps yes. Some were quite steep. We were a party of eight with one member being a wheell chair user. This member of our party was not able to see all of the exhibits. Russia is probably around 20 years or so behind the West when it comes to disabled access. This was a point made by the tour guide herself. So the best advice I can offer because I'm not familiar with the specific ships tour would be to discuss this with team on board.

Alternatively you could contact Alla tours and discuss your concerns with them directly as we did before booking the trip. They were very helpful and come highly recommended. Maybe you could look at Trip Advisor or similar if you want additional references. Our tour included a lot more than what was offered by the ship and was literally hundreds of dollars cheaper for our party and we all thought our guide and driver were excellent.

Hope that helps.

I can also recommend TJ travel. Yes, tours in St Petersburg will have considerable walking with steps and inclines. Certain sites can be very crowded with unavoidable waiting in line, even with ' priority' tickets.

My instinct is that it would be very worthwhile to explore possibilities with a private tour operator. You do not need to worry about getting back to the ship on time etc, these groups are highly professional and will almost certainly be considerably cheaper than the ship sponsored tours. You could ask on the Port of Call board though for direct experience of the ships tours.

Edited by dutchclogs