Another question about on-board bookings

mrs66

My husband and I are considering taking our kids on a cruise in January of '07 (they consider it terribly unfair that this will be our third cruise and they have yet to go on one!), and it may turn into a big family reunion. We are cruising on the Connie this January and would like to book then for next year if we're able to pin down our plans. I've read about the $100 per cabin booking credit for on-board bookings. Would this apply to a booking on either Celebrity or RCCL? Also, is it limited to only one credit or would we get one for each cabin we book (we would need a minimum of two for our family, but may have as many as 6 if the extended family goes)? I've also seen mention of group booking discounts... does anyone know how many cabins you need to book to get a group discount? Any information would be greatly appreciated!

When you book a cruise while on board , your on board credit is tied to your booking number. You can book several cruises while you are on board, but I doubt that you can book a cabin for some one elses use. It may be that you could book two cabins on a cruise using your name for one, and your husbands name for the other.

It is really best to explain what you are trying to accomplish to your TA or the Celebrity customer service rep before you sail. It is important that what you sign up for is acceptable so you don't have problems later. If you book on board, and turn your booking over to a TA, changes in the booking can be made, however the booking number must remain the same. Hope your cruise plans work out for the best.

petert

Something to consider when booking for the on board credit: You cannot transfer your Travel Insurance from one cruise to another. Say you book for Jan 07, buy travel ins within the first 7-14 days after your initial deposit to waive preexisting medical conditions, then change your booking (cruise) to another date. You will lose your Travel Ins, it is not refundable. Plus, because your change occurred after the 7-14 days of the initial deposit, preexisting medical conditions will not be covered. So, if elderly parents are part of the mix, you might want to think about this.

It was my understanding that you do not need to purchase travel insurance until a couple days prior to the final payment date, because up until that time, the entire cost of the cruise was refundable for whatever reason.

It was my understanding that you do not need to purchase travel insurance until a couple days prior to the final payment date, because up until that time, the entire cost of the cruise was refundable for whatever reason.

With Celebrity I buy our travel insurance when I make my final payment, but not all cruise lines allow you to do that.

does the travel insurance you purchase at the time of your final payment cover pre-existing conditions? seems like travel insurance always says that it has to be taken out at the time of booking to cover preexisting conditions. would like to find out if this is not true with X. thanks.

does the travel insurance you purchase at the time of your final payment cover pre-existing conditions? seems like travel insurance always says that it has to be taken out at the time of booking to cover preexisting conditions. would like to find out if this is not true with X. thanks.

CSA Travel Insurance has a new plan where the pre-existing conditions are waived if you purchase the policy "prior or within 24 hours of your final payment". There were 2 other conditions, but nothing unusual. See http://www.insuremytrip.com/ for details. I think the plan is called "Free-style Luxe".

Mary Lou

Archived