Cost of internet, any advantage in pre-purchase a packet with bonus minutes?

Guest zafra63

Guest zafra63

Anybody can help me with this? I am asking this for a cruise friend, who is Gold, so no free internet access. I checked the website and the price is shown in US$, converted back into AU$, they are the same as pre- purchased packet. So why pre- order and pay??

Anybody has experience with this. We are Elite, so that problem never came up for us. Love to hear your opinion please.

Anybody can help me with this? I am asking this for a cruise friend, who is Gold, so no free internet access. I checked the website and the price is shown in US$, converted back into AU$, they are the same as pre- purchased packet. So why pre- order and pay??

Anybody has experience with this. We are Elite, so that problem never came up for us. Love to hear your opinion please.

You say it's the same price to prepurchase or buy onboard but does that include the bonus minutes? The exchange rate is pretty low at the moment but reasonable with Princess pre purchase OBC.

You say you're Elite. So do you always use 500 minutes free time? Not many people people do which is why it's free. It's really easy to share your minutes with other family or friends on the same cruise.

Guest zafra63

To answer your question, yes I always use up my free internet and share my husband's at times with friends. This time our friends are not on the same cruise.

Bonus internet minutes were included in the price for both. I just might have to wait until I board and make enquiries at the Internet cafe. I was hoping somebody had dealt with this before. Thanks for responding.

I can't speak for Australian cruises but typically you get twice the bonus minutes if you purchase in advance compared to purchasing on board.

And the onboard bonus minutes are only if you purchase the package during the first two days on the ship.