Black card discount

stuartgrn

Hi. We are new to MSC and have just done the status match and received Black status. I have seen a cruise we like but it is quite a bit cheaper booking through a travel agent. My question is - can you apply the 5% Black discount to a travel agent booking and if so how? Can it be applied after booking to adjust the final invoice? Thanks for any help.

Just an update... I had to call MSC as my new club number (from status match) wasn't being recognised. Talked to a lovely lady who looked into it but couldn't understand why the number I had been issues wasn't being recognised. She got me a new number and added it to my booking so now I can log in online to manage my booking. She also said that she would apply the 5% discount to my invoice and communicate this to the travel agent.

All things considered I was very impressed with the service I got over the phone, and it helps that it is a local rate call so included in my call package. Looking forward to trying MSC for the first time.

That's fantastic! Don't be put off by the negative reviews - I love MSC. Just bear in mind they're not americanized so they are very different to the other cruise lines out there

I just found out about the matching program and applied for that. We sail mostly Royal Caribbean and Celebrity. When you say that MSC is very different from other cruise lines - what would that mean?

I just found out about the matching program and applied for that. We sail mostly Royal Caribbean and Celebrity. When you say that MSC is very different from other cruise lines - what would that mean?

Hi Rick, I can't speak for Divina around the Caribbean but certainly in the Med MSC caters for a much more European clientele, I've heard people complaining before that they don't like the food (which is very subjective anyway) but in the usual MDR steak and lobster doesn't feature heavily, if at all. Owing to the mix of customers, entertainment tends to be more focussed on dance and really well known songs rather than EG RCCL having a production of Grease onboard

I love MSC and for me unless I won the lotto to afford something much much more upmarket, I wouldn't sail with another mainstream cruise line.

Hope that makes sense?

Tim

Hi Rick, I can't speak for Divina around the Caribbean but certainly in the Med MSC caters for a much more European clientele, I've heard people complaining before that they don't like the food (which is very subjective anyway) but in the usual MDR steak and lobster doesn't feature heavily, if at all. Owing to the mix of customers, entertainment tends to be more focussed on dance and really well known songs rather than EG RCCL having a production of Grease onboard

I love MSC and for me unless I won the lotto to afford something much much more upmarket, I wouldn't sail with another mainstream cruise line.

Hope that makes sense?

Tim

Makes sense Tim - thanks!

Well, we decided to try other cruise lines. We have sailed exclusively Royal and Celebrity and love them but wanted to give other lines a go. With the status match getting us straight onto Black, the all inclusive offer and a further £100 cabin discount from the TA it was to hard to resist giving MSC a try. So far, all my communication with MSC has been superb. Unfortunately I couldn't get the 5% Black discount onto of the extra discount I received from the TA, no problem though - the price I paid for an aft cabin with the drink package was far less than I would have paid with RCI or Celebrity. Looking forward to giving them a try - we are very easy going and have never had cause to complain about much so I'm sure everything will be good. The ship, Preziosa looks stunning and elegant with lots of facilities.