POA - Blue Hawaiian Helicopter Tour on Kauai

Firstin87

Hi,

My husband and I have browsed this forum and gotten a lot of information and ideas for our upcoming Hawaiian cruise (April 29-May 6). I've searched the boards, but couldn't find the info I'm looking for. Has anyone done Blue Hawaiian helicopter tour of Kauai? From my research, the tour appears to be called "Mokihana Helicopter Tour" if you book through NCL and the "Kauai Eco Adventure" if you book through Blue Hawaiian. Any tips/recommendations? One thing we're especially concerned about is book the tour on Fri., when we leave Kauai at 2:00.

Thanks for the help,

Cyndy

We booked a different tour company - Mauna Loa Helicopter tour - for 10 am Friday morning and were back in plenty of time for all aboard!!

You weren't asking for a recommendation, but I feel the need to share.... We booked directly with them as they were not offered by the ship. We had the helicopter to ourselves. It was my sister and I in the back and the pilot in the front... we both had window seats... well doors off seats... it is in the top 5 of things I've done! It can be done with the doors on. Enjoy your tour no matter what you choose!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi,

My husband and I have browsed this forum and gotten a lot of information and ideas for our upcoming Hawaiian cruise (April 29-May 6). I've searched the boards, but couldn't find the info I'm looking for. Has anyone done Blue Hawaiian helicopter tour of Kauai? From my research, the tour appears to be called "Mokihana Helicopter Tour" if you book through NCL and the "Kauai Eco Adventure" if you book through Blue Hawaiian. Any tips/recommendations? One thing we're especially concerned about is book the tour on Fri., when we leave Kauai at 2:00.

Thanks for the help,

Cyndy

FWIW...try the Hawaii ports boards. You will get a LOT more information there than you will here as this board is mainly about things that happen ON the ship.

I have done the POA twice. I would recommend a tour with Wings Over Kauai. The tour is excellent.

Can highly recommend The Blue Hawaiian Helicopters. Found them through Cruise Critic here and booked with them directly over the internet. Great thing is that you save hundreds of dollars not booking through the ship, but they will pick you up from the ship. You will have to check with them if they still do that and if you have enough time to get back to the ship.

LOVED the Blue Hawaiian tour we did in Kauai on one of our POA cruises. Top tour we have ever done, anywhere. We booked directly with them and they picked us up at the gate. Go to their website for more info and look at their equipment. It's like flying in a clear bubble. This is a very professional company and their office runs like a well oiled machine. They have this tour distilled down to a science from the second you walk in their door.

Have never done a plane in Hawaii, nor would I want to. Yes, they are cheaper, but this is not something you want to quibble about $$ over. This is a once in a lifetime, bucket list thing. And I saw zero, nada, planes where we went in those helicopters. Hawaii can be toured so cheaply, save your money elsewhere and spend it here. This is a thrill you will never forget.

You should have plenty of time to get back to the ship. They are located at the airport, nearly next door. I'd book the earliest tour you can get. Visibility sometimes fades as the day goes on.

We are on the same cruise as you and I booked directly with Blue Hawaiian. They do pick you up at the port. Was much cheaper booking online. I even called them to check the AAA rate and the person on the phone told me the cheapest rate is to book online.

My wife and I went on the POA in 2014 for our 20th. Booked Blue Hawaiian tour through their website and they picked us up at the ship. Absolutely INCREDIBLE! Definitely the way to see Kauai. Tons of waterfalls, gorgeous scenery, and a good commentary from the pilot. Music appeared to be sync'd with the trip. On our flight there was a couple that had been married 40 years, my wife and I 20 yrs, and a young couple that were on their honeymoon. It was pretty neat.

The helicopter has 3 outside cameras and one inside camera that the pilot cycles through. After the tour, you can buy a video (BlueRay or SD) of your trip. We bought the BlueRay version and I watch it frequently. Words can't describe how beautiful the island is. It was the highlight of our trip.

Hi,

Thanks for the help,

Cyndy

We flew Blue Hawaii a few years ago for Hilo and Kauai but booked it through NCL only because of the difference in the cancellation policies. The price difference at that time was $50 more for NCL. But don't know how it compares today.

Blue Hawaii at that time had the best ratings and reviews. Incredible flight over Napali Coast.

Wouldn't do the Hilo tour again as there is too much ups and down and sideways giving us both almost motion sickness

Thank you, everyone, for all the great tips! I've also found the Hawaii board and am getting a lot of information from there, too.

I called Blue Hawaiian and they were very helpful. We've decided to go on Fri. morning, leaving us all day Thurs. to explore Kauai on our own or do other excursions. Definitely booking direct - a lot cheaper.