Port of Miami uber/taxi

joemurph

No, you will get there no problems. You should have an exact address on your set sail pass. We had only about a 2 minute wait for Uber when we got off the ship for a ride back to FLL, It was about $5 more than a shared van. We will definitely be using Uber/Lyft aigain when we go this fall!

Port of Miami comes up quickly on the search when you start typing. You shouldn't have any issues.

Happy Sailing :D

Hello this may sound like weird but is there a certain destination I should put in while going to the port of Miami. I am leaving on the escape tomorrow so nothing like waiting for the last minute[emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

IF your Uber driver is familiar with how to get to each Terminal Bldg. Ours had a bit of trouble, so we had to loop around once, but we made it and any of the Uber drivers we used there were super nice. I would double check that the address you have is the terminal building and not the Port admin. bldg. And which terminal you are to board in, B or C so you can get close.

• 2 months later...

Tried Uber from Coconut Grove hotel to Port of Miami. "Port of Miami" came right up in Uber App. I told the driver when I got in his car what ship I was going to and what terminal, just as I do for a taxi driver. He grunted. When we got to the Port he started to turn into the Port headquarters, whatever his nav system told him. I tried to stop him but he didn't speak English. Then I pointed at the terminal signs. He didn't understand what I was saying or pointing to. So I gestured right and left and spoke loudly each time he needed to turn based on the overhead signs. He was completely unfamiliar with the Port. I saved maybe $10 vs. typical taxi fare but it wasn't worth the savings. Taxi drivers always know how to get me to the right ship in Miami and Fort Lauderdale. This was only the second time I've tried Uber. The first time was in Denver and the driver got a traffic ticket. Maybe I've just had bad luck, but for now sticking with taxis when going to port.

Honestly, Miami was probably the only consistently negative Uber experience I can recall. Their drivers don't have great english skills and more importantly couldn't find either my hotel OR the port OR pretty much anywhere else.

I had better luck with Lyft, but will probably go Taxi there for a while.

Like others have said, just start typing "Port of Miami" in the search...it'll come up. It's helpful to know which terminal you need to be at, so the driver can be in the right lane. There are also signs as you're driving in to direct you. Our Uber driver didn't go down far enough to be in the drop off lane, but we just had him pull over and we walked across, NBD.

We must have gotten at least five different responses from Uber drivers going from our South Beach Hotel to the port and then they cancelled, probably because they got better offers. The Uber that finally picked us up was only $4.00. Again, going from the pier back to the hotel, the Uber drivers kept cancelling. Finally a Lyft driver picked us up and this time the charge was $7.00 to South Beach.

I used uber 6 trips in Miami last year. This was my first time using any such service. All were excellent. All spoke good English and we saved a lot of cash.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We were on The escape last week, used uber to & from the port from the Hampton inn blue lagoon. no problems at all . When you type your search start it with "Cruise terminal C" and uber will populate it for the correct terminal at POM. Driver on the way to the port dropped us within 100 ft or so to the steps where you line up for security. Very easy process and will definitely use them in the future.

We were on The escape last week, used uber to & from the port from the Hampton inn blue lagoon. no problems at all . When you type your search start it with "Cruise terminal C" and uber will populate it for the correct terminal at POM. Driver on the way to the port dropped us within 100 ft or so to the steps where you line up for security. Very easy process and will definitely use them in the future.

This. Or use the actual address of the pier. We have never had an issue with either of these options.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums