Lanyards

Mrsdigi

I think there would more of a chance for it to come off their wrist. I will be getting my 9 year old a lanyard

You are probably correct.

To other - I have no problem with my 7 year old grandson carrying his own sea pass card. It was a safety issue with the lanyard around his neck that I was concerned with.

To other - I have no problem with my 7 year old grandson carrying his own sea pass card. It was a safety issue with the lanyard around his neck that I was concerned with.

If you're really worried about him strangling himself with it, just buy a "breakaway" version before you leave home.

Do not purchase one with a metal magnetic clasp though it will de-activate the sea pass card, happened to me.

Our dirt cheap lanyards had a metal hook to hold onto the pouch. This time I will definitely allow them to punch a hole in the card instead. We were never offered a lanyard in AO, either, but then again, we had something.

I'm planning on using our DCL lanyards.

Our dirt cheap lanyards had a metal hook to hold onto the pouch. This time I will definitely allow them to punch a hole in the card instead. We were never offered a lanyard in AO, either, but then again, we had something.

I'm planning on using our DCL lanyards.

Metal hook is fine -- MAGNETIC is the problem.

Metal hook is fine -- MAGNETIC is the problem.

Good. I just don't trust the plastic hooks. The pouch thing, though, was a pain. My 10 year old wanted to unlock our stateroom door, but she didn't have the dexterity to get it out of the pouch fast enough.