Havana Pool

Briitini

During the day when only Havana guests allowed, not very. Both hot tubs were busier. Once 5pm rolled around and everybody else had access...we left to get ready for dinner.

On sea days lots of people "try" to sneak into Havana...staff don't always catch them...after a few days, the staff knew which ones of us were Havana or not...if I noticed an intruder, I would just nod at the attendant and point my head towards them...he would go over and politely ask them to leave and come back after 5pm.

This was last summer on a Med cruise in July.

I'm actually really looking forward to having the Havana pool access. We've not hung out by the pool in ages because it's always been too crowded and we don't want to get there at the crack of dawn to find a seat.

If we go to breakfast first in the main dining room and then want to go to the Havana pool area, will we find loungers?

I'm actually really looking forward to having the Havana pool access. We've not hung out by the pool in ages because it's always been too crowded and we don't want to get there at the crack of dawn to find a seat.

If we go to breakfast first in the main dining room and then want to go to the Havana pool area, will we find loungers?

You can easily get a lounger.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

There's only 62 cabins that have legal access to the area. 14 inside, 4 suites and I believe 44 balcony/lanai cabins. Have not read on any thread that the area is ever full during the day. After 7:00 I could care less because then it's time for dinner and Alchemy Bar. We have Havana insides reserved in 2018 out of NYC and 2019 out of Miami both on the Horizon.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

I was in a Havana room on my 1/22/17 cruise. The pool area was great. It was never crowded. At the most I think there were 13 people in the pool and hot tubs. There were more people around to the sides where the cabanas are but it never seemed crowded. That was on a sea day. We showed up at different times. Sometimes 1pm and We had our choice of any type of lounger, table, and chair or the round bed looking things.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

What time does the Havana Pool area close if they are letting guest in at 5:30 ( or &7)?
From what I read on the boards, the exclusivity was originally 500 when she started in the Med and was extended till 700 when she relocated to Miami. Have not seen it posted when the area closes, I could assume around 10 or 11, but after 700 it's time for evening festivities, not pool time, IMHO.

My husband and I were on the last Vista cruise out of NY and we had a Havana aft wrap. The Havana pool area did not open to other passengers until 7pm and even then it was not crowded. They watched it carefully since the teenagers on the Med cruises broke one of the hot tubs and I read it got pretty rowdy back there. I believe that is why the time was changed from 5 to 7. I also read something about it being considered to not allow any passengers back there anytime unless you had a Havana cabin. We would go out on our balcony at night at around 10pm and would see people in the hot tubs and sitting in the lounge chairs. There is a band back there in the evening. We also did not have any noise issues. We love the aft wraps and the noise was something I was afraid of. We have booked another aft wrap for the Horizon in October 2018.

Elaine