Grand Voyage from Venice to Durban 2018

MWINT

I have never cruised with MSC before but I am really tempted by this trip. Although it appears in MSC's brochure for 2018/19 online it isn't doesn't available to book. Anyone have any insight into when they might release the cruise for booking please?

Many thanks

Mark

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No the one we are looking at Kimberley sails October 14 2018 on the Musica. I think the one you have found is on the Sinfonia. We can't make the earlier trip; work commitments unfortunately. Thanks anyway.

Mark

• 7 months later...
No the one we are looking at Kimberley sails October 14 2018 on the Musica. I think the one you have found is on the Sinfonia. We can't make the earlier trip; work commitments unfortunately. Thanks anyway.

Mark

Mark - Musica is replacing Sinfonia from October. I sailed on Sinfonia Cape Town to Venice and I'm booked on Sinfonia for it's last voyage from Durban to Venice in April 2018, the same as Kimberley.

I have sailed on Musica and I guess the ports will be the same as Sinfonia used along either coast. If the price is right - DO IT!

Mark - a PS....Call MSC as bookings are available for Musica now - I just checked it out on the Aussie website under Grand Voyages. Guess it should apply to the US and EU sites. Enter departure port and Musica and it should come up for you. I really like MSC as being a privately owned company they're different. I've had some really good deals with them. If you have a loyalty card with another cruise line they will match it . Enter MSC Loyalty Match and you will get the link.Good luck! :)

Mark - a PS....Call MSC asbookings are available for Musica now - I just checked it out on the Aussiewebsite under Grand Voyages. Guess it should apply to the US and EU sites.Enter departure port and Musica and it should come up for you. I really like MSCas being a privately owned company they're different. I've had some really gooddeals with them. If you have a loyalty card with another cruise line they willmatch it . Enter MSC Loyalty Match and you will get the link.Good luck!

<p>

Mark

If you have MSC status this may be a voyages selection cruise worth an extra 15 per cent discount Plus.... OBC...check it out. :-)

If you have MSC status this may be a voyages selection cruise worth an extra 15 per cent discount Plus.... OBC...check it out. :-)

@Jerseylily

Apparently the most discount MSC give is 5%, all Voyagers Club members get that - having even Black status doesn't give you anymore discount but you do get some OBC. Some of the Grand Voyages they don't give that 5% discount. Looked at 2 repo's this year and no discount was available as they said it was already heavily discounted! :cool:

@Jerseylily

Apparently the most discount MSC give is 5%, all Voyagers Club members get that - having even Black status doesn't give you anymore discount but you do get some OBC. Some of the Grand Voyages they don't give that 5% discount. Looked at 2 repo's this year and no discount was available as they said it was already heavily discounted! :cool:

Not quite correct.

You just have to know where to look. There are in fact at least 40 itineraries available on the 5% +15% area. many of them are repos to South America.

I didn't check the 5% +5% area

I did this 5 minutes ago

20%20percent%20discount.jpg

Pete

20%20percent%20discount.jpg

Pete

@Skier52

Hi Pete

Thanks for that info but from my experience here in Oz it's very difficult to get some of these deals. I found one that was really good but it didn't apply if you were booking from Oz. Some US companies with good deals also won't take our bookings. I know the South American repo's are the best deals with MSC but our flights tend to be very expensive as there's limited companies flying there. Been there done that.

As far as the OBC, for solo travellers like me that's halved or not even given. Mind you I have managed to get several cruses with MSC with no SS - not this years or next years cruise though!

I have a friend who is a US cruise consultant and he gets frustrated at not being able to book Aussies on a lot of cruises. Maybe it's the two heads? :confused:

Margaret

A word of caution re the Voyagers Club selection 5%+15% discount offers. My experience has been that a lot of cruises in that section are priced higher than in the main area of the MSC site so that, even with the (almost) 20% discount applied, it can still work out more expensive to book than a regular booking with 5% discount.

A word of caution re the Voyagers Club selection 5%+15% discount offers. My experience has been that a lot of cruises in that section are priced higher than in the main area of the MSC site so that, even with the (almost) 20% discount applied, it can still work out more expensive to book than a regular booking with 5% discount.

@Beamafar

Hi Bea - Exactly - rarely do you get something for nothing especially extra discounts! The one time I did book supposedly with extra discount, when I boarded then cabin wasn't the one I had been allocated and it was in a bad location so I had to go through complaining and waiting to see if someone hadn't boarded before I could be moved two days later. The ship was full and a passenger hadn't arrived so I got moved to that cabin, which was an upgrade. When I tried booking via a US website to get a really cheap deal (I live in Sydney) the fare was more expensive than MSC and it was purely advertising to get you in! I've always found MSC Australia to give good prices and the best choice of cabin's :)

Margaret

We are booked on this Grand Voyage (Venice to Durban, Oct 18) on the Musica. It's our first trip on MSC so we acquired a black card through loyalty transfer and bagged the 5% discount. At the time we booked, this cruise was not part of the Voyagers Club selection, so no additional discount. Great itinerary at a great price.

For anyone interested, I have started a roll call over on the roll calls section.:cool: