Bottled Water?

islalover

Leaving in 9 days for our first cruise! Wanting to know about bottled water. Is it neccessary to drink this aboard the ship? Is this a free thing or would you have to purchase it? Our TA stressed the importance of drinking bottled water.

Feedback please...I drink lots of water each day of 64 oz. :eek: Thanks for your help.

Islalover

I don't know what cruise line you're going on, but we never had any problem drinking the water on the ship. On HAL, they have rooms where the ice machines are, and there are sinks where you can get potable water if you like.

You might want to bring some bottles with you, and then refill on board. Even if you decide to drink totally bottled water, I would bring my own rather than drink the stuff on board. We noticed the bottled water they had available in our room was $4 for a small bottle. Not cost effective if you drink 64 oz./day.

Have fun on your cruise!

We HATE Evian water. It's so full of minerals, and at $3.00 a pop, it's just not worth it. What we do everytime we cruise is buy a case of 24 oz sport bottles when we get to FL. We have a collapsable, wheeling duffle bag. We fill it with water, we manage to finish them over the course of the cruise, then we have an extra wheeling case to pack our new purchases. It works great and I suggest it highly if you drink a lot of water like we do. The water on the ship is ok. We tend to drink lots of their unsweetened ice tea on board. We love it!!! Have a great cruise

Islalover - Perhaps your TA meant that you should take bottled water when you get OFF the ship at ports?

The water on all the ships I've been on (Carnival, Princess, NCL), has been just fine for drinking. I've never heard anyone say the water was bad. A lot of folks take their own water bottles on board and then refill from the ship's tap. I've done that.

I would suggest taking your own water if you're concerned about the ship's water. There will probably be a bottle or two of water in your cabin - but at a price. I noticed last cruise the 1.5 liter had gone up to $3.50!

• 1 month later...

Last February on a Carnival cruise, I checked a case of bottled water that I had just purchased at a Walgreens for 5.99. I put a tag with my name and cabin number. No problem. It was in my room before I was.

Carol M

Last February on a Carnival cruise, I checked a case of bottled water that I had just purchased at a Walgreens for 5.99. I put a tag with my name and cabin number. No problem. It was in my room before I was.

Carol M

We did the same as karolm on a Celebrity cruise. There was no problem checking in the case of water as another piece of luggage. My wife drank the bottled water but I was content with the ship's tap water as long as I put ice in it.

• 4 weeks later...

Probably not free - it wasn't on Carnival. I plan on bringing my own water bottles & filling them on the ship. But it's probably best not to drink any water in port unless it's bottled or you brought it with you from the ship.

From what I've seen on the TV shows (on the Travel Channel, etc.) the water purification systems on ships rival that of many towns. It may taste a little different than what you get at home, but that's only natural, since they don't use the EXACT same purification system as your town.

Sha

Princess states that they'll have bottled water when you disembark at a port. Is there a charge for this water, or is it 'free'?

They had the small bottles for sale I think they were $2. ..we just took a couple onboard then stocked up in ports of call much cheaper

Archived