What's in the Concierge Lounge?

yogimax

Just returned from the Enchantment. As a newly minted Platinum, I met the concierge at the special get-together and passed the concierge lounge with its sign about appropriate dress. Since my next goal is Diamond, I am wondering if someone could tell me what is behind the doors of the concierge lounge? Is it worth looking forward to? What is the dress code? Thanks!

Must have been Giuseppe that you met....he's good. The lounge on Encantment is quite a bit larger than the RD class ships, but not quite as big as Voyager class...it has windows. They also serve buffet breakfast in the mornings and the capacino machine is available all day. I really enjoy this perk....worth looking forward to. The dress code seems to refer to wearing formal clothes in there on formal nights.

Yes, the concierge lounge is very nice. Here is what I can recall:

open bar (fairly limited selection though)

hor'sdeuvres

menus from Portofinos and Chops

board games

concierge to help with ice skating tickets, excursions, etc

continental breakfast in the morning

capuccino machine

Yes, the concierge lounge is very nice. Here is what I can recall:

open bar (fairly limited selection though)

hor'sdeuvres

menus from Portofinos and Chops

board games

concierge to help with ice skating tickets, excursions, etc

continental breakfast in the morning

capuccino machine

First you have to sign-up for the C&A program. Here is the link to the site.

The various levels of the programs are listed on the site. Briefly, they are:

GOLD: After 1st Completed Cruise

PLATINUM: After 5th Completed Cruise Credit

DIAMOND: After 10th Completed Cruise Credit

DIAMOND PLUS: After 24th Completed Cruise Credit

Tronan,

You must join the Crown and Anchor loyalty program. You get a cruise credit each time you cruise. If your cruise is 12 or more days in length you get 2 credits and suites get another credit. From 1 to 5 cruise credits you are gold from 6 to 10 cruise credits you are diamond. After ten cruise credits you are diamond and I believe 24 you are diamond plus. The higher you are the more perks you get. We just crossed over to diamond and we leave this sunday on a 13 night cruise that will gove us 2 more credits towards our diamond plus. This will be our second cruise as diamond members. Here is the kicker my son is 3 1/2 and has 5 credits already. However you must be 18 to join Crown and Anchor. If we keep all his folio numbers we are told he will get credit for these once he is of age. At the pace we are going he will be diamond or diamond plus at 18.

Cool for him!

There's also nice chairs and couches in there. If your suite has a DVD player (they do on the Voyager class ships) you can check out DVDs to watch. They might have some CDs as well, I don't remember.

They also display the dining room menu each day, have lots of brochures for the various itineraries, as well as the daily "newspaper." I found they ran out of the New York Times printouts in the public areas - but there were always some in the Concierge Lounge.

They also have tickets that are good for any performance of the ice show. That means you don't have to wait on line, and you don't have to worry about a show being "sold out."

They also have early debarkation bag tags. If you want the coveted white tags, as the Concierge for them.

I'm sure there are other things too - just ask, and you never know what they can come up with for you.

Allen-- what is a folio number? Is it on the Seapass cards?

Jacquelyn-- we tipped the concierge at the end of the cruise. I suppose the amount should be based on how much he did for you, because that could vary widely between passengers.

Dress for the lounge--dining room type attire during the cocktail hour, formal on formal nights, shorts would be ok only during the day. We saw the concierge tell several people about the dress code. He also mentioned to several people that they could not take drinks or food from the lounge.

I think that RCCL should provide alternate accommodations for the children during cocktail hour. At least, they should be allowed to take snacks back to the room. If they are in a suite no reason they should be declined entrance, there is alcohol all over the ship. (1st reason I was given. The second one was, 'the C&A people don't want children in the lounge')

Linda

How do you guys go about tipping the concierge? Do you tip him after each drink? At the end of the cruise? I have only used the lounge once and tipped after he served the drink, and I was wondering what the standard protocol is.

We love the conciege lounge! Wish it was available on every ship of RCL's Maybe someday!! As far as tipping, we usually give the conciege cash the last day of the cruise. We did however tip the last one we had at the beginning and end. It was a 12 night cruise and she was awesome and took great care of us the entire time.

Crusincopuple: my daughter went through that as well. She amassed the credits. When she completed 18, I called C&A and Captain's Club and she got her number. Apparently they already have a number assigned to them - just not entitled to get credit themselves until they are 18.

Jacquelyn, we asked for envelopes and used them to tip the Concierge. The Concierge ( Maritza) on the Serenade was wonderful so was reflected - was the reverse on the Brilliance. Just used a nice round number .....

Jacquelyn, we asked for envelopes and used them to tip the Concierge. The Concierge ( Maritza) on the Serenade was wonderful so was reflected - was the reverse on the Brilliance. Just used a nice round number .....

Maritza was my Concierge as well. She was terrific and it was reflected in her tip.

I always bring a few personal notecards along with me on a cruise for just this purpose. I prefer them to the standard issue envelope.

Tronan,

You must join the Crown and Anchor loyalty program. You get a cruise credit each time you cruise. If your cruise is 12 or more days in length you get 2 credits and suites get another credit. From 1 to 5 cruise credits you are gold from 6 to 10 cruise credits you are diamond. After ten cruise credits you are diamond and I believe 24 you are diamond plus. The higher you are the more perks you get. We just crossed over to diamond and we leave this sunday on a 13 night cruise that will gove us 2 more credits towards our diamond plus. This will be our second cruise as diamond members. Here is the kicker my son is 3 1/2 and has 5 credits already. However you must be 18 to join Crown and Anchor. If we keep all his folio numbers we are told he will get credit for these once he is of age. At the pace we are going he will be diamond or diamond plus at 18.

Cool for him!

I believe you meant to write "platinum" rather than "diamond" there.:)

beachchick

Archived