Parking at Port Canaveral - people lined up in the garages?

ADBark

Hi - we recently took the Disney cruise bus from Orlando airport to Port Canaveral. When we pulled in to the terminal area, I observed huge lines of people circling each floor of the adjacent parking garage - I mean people in a queue, not cars in a queue. A Disney/Port Canaveral frequent cruiser on our bus warned me never to drive and park at the port because if you get there too early (it was approximately 10am on a Friday morning) the port officials won't let you enter the terminal, and everyone lines up in the garage. It looked terrible. However, in my searches on this forum I didn't find anything discussing this issue.

We cruise again in August 2017 on the Oasis out of PC - terminal 1. This time we will be driving to Florida, arriving the Saturday before our Sunday cruise. I know there are many convenient, cheaper options for off-site parking near the port, but for our family-specific reasons we would prefer to park right at the port. I don't want to join an endless queue in the parking garage in the Florida summer heat - but we also like to arrive early since from our perspective our vacation starts as soon as we enter the terminal (don't mind waiting in the A/C environment). If we wait till 11 or 12 noon to board, is it possible the parking garage could fill up at terminal 1? What are your experiences parking at the port and entering the terminal - what time did you arrive? Many thanks, -ADB.

While you can never predict any delays, i think you will be fine if you arrive by 10:30 and park and then go wait inside. I have never seen lines of people standing in the parking garages, and even if you had to stand outside, in august you would be wishing to be in the garage in the shade, it is routinely over 100 degrees here in august.

I used the garage at the opposite of the Port that you will be using, the terminals where the Carnival ships usually dock. I arrived around 11:30 A. M. and had minimal wait in line to drop my luggage off and then quickly left that area to park in the garage. There was no line of cars waiting to get into the garage and there were plenty of parking spots available.

We will be cruising on the Oasis in September and are considering parking in the garage. My husband has a handicapped hangtag. Is there enough handicapped parking? And I understand there are some area hotels that have discounted coupons to the garage when you stay there or is that a thing of the past?

We stayed in the Raddison twice prior but we would like something easier at this stage of life....

Thanks.

We will be cruising on the Oasis in September and are considering parking in the garage. My husband has a handicapped hangtag. Is there enough handicapped parking? And I understand there are some area hotels that have discounted coupons to the garage when you stay there or is that a thing of the past?

We stayed in the Raddison twice prior but we would like something easier at this stage of life....

Thanks.

Yes, plenty of handicapped parking but will it be possible to drive up to the porters and with their help, drop your husband while you then drive around to park and walk back to meet him? Also, there are attendants on duty to show you exactly where to go, etc.

The 40% discount offer is no more!

Here is a map of the terminal area and the route for drop/pick and park (in yellow):

Terminal-1-parking-plan.jpg

Yes, plenty of handicapped parking but will it be possible to drive up to the porters and with their help, drop your husband while you then drive around to park and walk back to meet him? Also, there are attendants on duty to show you exactly where to go, etc.

The 40% discount offer is no more!

Here is a map of the terminal area and the route for drop/pick and park (in yellow):

Terminal-1-parking-plan.jpg

Thanks so much for the update. The downloadable cruise brochure still talks about the discount.....so back to the drawing board. Cost vs Convenience.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk