San Diego? Where would you stay?

whtdog

If you are renting a car, I would recommend getting a room in Mission Valley, on Hotel Circle. There are several nice hotels from most of the major chains on or around Hotel Circle. Hotel Circle is just off of I-8 which will give you a straight shot to Sea World and just off of 163 which would give you a pretty straight shot to Balboa Park and the Zoo.

We are flying into San Diego. Going to the Zoo and Sea World. In what area should I look for a hotel? We would like some atmosphere. later things to do?

Sunny

The Cruise Docks are close to the airport. Check hotels in the Shelter Island and Harbor Island areas, there are many nice ones, and you will be close to or near the harbor / bay.

It is an short and easy taxi ride from the airport to either area and from either area to the crusie ship.

If you time it right and get up early, you can see your ship come in.:)

I vote for a hotel on Shelter island. You are central to the Gaslamp District, Zoo, Sea World, and airport. Plus, it's an island with some gorgeous views of San Diego Bay. You can see North Island Naval Station in the distance on Coronado. If you have time, I recommend visiting Coronado. It's a wonderful town with a great main street. The best thing to see is the Hotel del Coronado. You can show up and get a drink on the back bar overlooking the Pacific. Whenever I am in town, I always head to the Del for a drink and a view. Enjoy!

I stayed at the holiday inn on the bay. It was nice nothing amazing but a nice place. It is literally across the street from the cruise port. I was in SD on business and watching all the ships come in and out was absolute torture.

Also had a conference in the Marriot hotel and marina, very nice place.

Both in a good area with access to just about anything you want

Archived