Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove vs. Courtyard Miami Airpot

cruisecamp

We are flying into FLL the night before our cruise out of Miami. We have a certificate for a free room at a Marriott category 1-5 hotel and can only find this option in these 2 Miami hotels vs. any in the FLL area. Our plans are to use Uber from FLL airport to a hotel and next day using Uber again to the port. Has anyone stayed at either of these hotels? Is either near any CVS, Walgreens, Publix etc? Thoughts or suggestions are appreciated!

I have not stayed in either property, but Coconut Grove is much nicer and way more fun than anything near the MIA airport. :cool:

It will also be slightly farther away -- so you'll drop a couple of extra dollars onto Uber. :(

I have not stayed in either property, but Coconut Grove is much nicer and way more fun than anything near the MIA airport. :cool:

It will also be slightly farther away -- so you'll drop a couple of extra dollars onto Uber. :(

Thanks! We will only be arriving in Miami around 10pm and going to port the next morning so I'm not sure if its worth staying in Coconut Grove?

The Residence Inn is in a great location and area. You will be able to walk to cocowalk if you want to go out that evening for a cocktail or bite to eat. And it's closer to the port for the next day.

Milam's market and Grove Liquors or Fresh Market are all fairly close to the hotel. Fresh Market can be on the way to the port. There isn't a CVS or Walgreen within walking distance and you would reach the markets before one of those.

The Residence Inn is in a great location and area. You will be able to walk to cocowalk if you want to go out that evening for a cocktail or bite to eat. And it's closer to the port for the next day.

Milam's market and Grove Liquors or Fresh Market are all fairly close to the hotel. Fresh Market can be on the way to the port. There isn't a CVS or Walgreen within walking distance and you would reach the markets before one of those.

Great! Thanks for the reply! Will Milam's market carry sunscreen? We are traveling with carry-on luggage only so I won't be able to bring a full size sunscreen.

Great! Thanks for the reply! Will Milam's market carry sunscreen? We are traveling with carry-on luggage only so I won't be able to bring a full size sunscreen.

As Blue Herons said, you will be able to get sunscreen at Milams. They are an IGA grocery store and carry everything. I shop there frequently!

http://www.milamsmarkets.com