New to Norwegian... have some questions.

Lyn1Lyn

Hi all, I am currently considering a cruise on NCL. I just have a few questions I was hoping could be answered.

1. Does NCL have staggered check in at either NYC or Miami (that is actually enforced)

I usually sail with Carnival and their staggered is very strict and enforced.

2. Has anyone sailed out of NYC in October or November on NCL? I hear the water is very choppy around this time and even those who don't get seasick sometimes do, due to the motion , is that your experience?

3. Do mini-suites get priority boarding? If so, how does this work when you arrive at port?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Hi all, I am currently considering a cruise on NCL. I just have a few questions I was hoping could be answered.

1. Does NCL have staggered check in at either NYC or Miami (that is actually enforced)

2. Has anyone sailed out of NYC in October or November on NCL? I hear the water is very choppy around this time and even those who don't get seasick sometimes do, due to the motion , is that your experience?

3. Do mini-suites get priority boarding? If so, how does this work when you arrive at port?

1. Have staggered check in, but it doesn't seem to be enforced.

2. Sorry, I don't know.

3. Mini-suites don't have suite perks thus they don't have priority embarkation.

1. They ask for your boarding time when you do your online check-in, but as far as I can tell - it has not been enforced.

2. Sailing out of NYC CAN be choppy and rough anytime - not just October or November. We sailed in September - and it was rough. We know of people who sailed in October, November, December - just about anytime - and it can vary from calm to rough. I would ALWAYS be prepared - just in case of rough weather.

3. Mini suites are just like any other regular cabin - no priority anything - and no special services once on board. It should not be called a "suite".

we've sailed september, december/january and april from NYC. usually rough here and there but nothing unbearable. coming back this last time was insanely rough due to a snowstorm hammering the DC area.

minisuites are just larger balcony rooms. they are not considered "real" suites by NCL's definition and therefore have no suite perks.

cant comment on hte staggered check in times as we are platinum and can arrive anytime we want and are usually early (10am) to ensure parking at the pier, and because we like to be on the ship ASAP!

1. They ask for your boarding time when you do your online check-in, but as far as I can tell - it has not been enforced.

2. Sailing out of NYC CAN be choppy and rough anytime - not just October or November. We sailed in September - and it was rough. We know of people who sailed in October, November, December - just about anytime - and it can vary from calm to rough. I would ALWAYS be prepared - just in case of rough weather.

3. Mini suites are just like any other regular cabin - no priority anything - and no special services once on board. It should not be called a "suite".

I keep reading where you pick a boarding time but did not have this when I did my check in. Don't see it on my e docs either. How do I find out about my check in time?

Sailed out of NYC last Oct just after Matthew went through. Smooth sailing all the way. I imagine the week before was not. You can never tell.

Sailed out of Pt. Canaveral in April and had two really strong sea days. You can never tell who'll get sick. So far I have no been sea sick once even in very high seas. My mom, who doesn't get sick, was very sea sick as soon as the big swells started - lucky for us another passenger had the patches and they worked great for her, she was fine the next morning, even though the seas were still high.

I am new at cruising, taking my first cruise in May. I am also curious about when I can board. I am in a studio and my e-docs just say "Boarding begins at 12:00 pm Please do not arrive earlier than 1 hour prior to boarding time shown" I printed out my luggage tags and the word LIME is written on the tags. Do they board by your color? I am on the NCL Breakaway. Any help would be appreciated.

I am new at cruising, taking my first cruise in May. I am also curious about when I can board. I am in a studio and my e-docs just say "Boarding begins at 12:00 pm Please do not arrive earlier than 1 hour prior to boarding time shown" I printed out my luggage tags and the word LIME is written on the tags. Do they board by your color? I am on the NCL Breakaway. Any help would be appreciated.

Lime is the color of your tags - it is a system to help the route the bags to the correct area of the ship. You do not board by color.

First boarding is special groups like weddings.

Second is Haven/Suites/VIP

Third is priority boarding (Platinum plus and up, I think?)

Fourth, they call by group number, which you are assigned when you enter the terminal

Hope that helps!

I keep reading where you pick a boarding time but did not have this when I did my check in. Don't see it on my e docs either. How do I find out about my check in time?

cage, what's your latitudes status? if you are platinum (possibly even gold) you can arrive at any time. we never have to pick times anymore.

Sailing from NYC varies with the weather. It's been glass & it's been nor'easters for us in January. October is hurricane season & when we're most often hit around here.

There is no staggered boarding. Be prepared for it to be a horror show & be happily surprised if it's not.

Mini-suite is a misnomer. It should be called larger cabin, period. No perks.

cage, what's your latitudes status? if you are platinum (possibly even gold) you can arrive at any time. we never have to pick times anymore.

I'm at the bottom. This is our second NCL cruise. I am planing to get there really early because we are taking a train, there is a half marathon in the city and the Gem is also sailing that day.

Don't worry about checkin in at Pier 88 for Breakaway

We've sailed out of NYC in early November and had calm seas. We've sailed out of NYC in July and have had rough seas. No way to predict the Atlantic.

Mini suites do not get priority boarding.

Have a great cruise :)