Prescription medications

claven

From the

CBP site:

"In order to avoid delays and possible penalties, U.S. residents are advised to take the following steps: Declare all drugs, medicine, and similar products to a CBP official upon arrival to the U.S.; Carry such substances in their original containers; and Present a valid prescription for the substance issued by a U.S.-licensed practitioner who is registered with, and authorized by, the DEA to prescribe the medication."

Obviously this applies to reentry into the US so if you are carrying "extra" meds and run into a by the book CBP agent be prepared to throw away any extra meds you might have remaining. at the end of the trip if you don't follow the above rules.

In the total scheme of things that I worry about.........well, this is just not one of them. But...we all are worriers at different levels. Daily pill containers for us and no documentations ever....and don't care.....and it's totally off our worry list. But hey....whatever. Do what makes you feel comfortable. Cruises are for a relaxed mind!

Your daily organizer is fine. No worries. Some folks are just very paranoid....you do NOT need your plethora of bottles!

Amen. Too many people worry way too much. Been on 20 cruises and never even thought about this

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Amen. Too many people worry way too much. Been on 20 cruises and never even thought about this

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

and you wont think about it until you need it... Its like insurance.. don't want to pay for it because 100 cruises and never needed it but the one time you do need it...

if you pass out and the doctor wants to give you medication but needs to know what you are taking and the exact doses.... well you will regret not having that little piece of paper. its not like a list is so big it takes up space in the luggage or its way too costly... what would be the reason not to take it... because I never needed it is a short sighted thought process for a free thing that doesn't take up any room