Are we the only dummies who can't put suitcases under the bed?

Sablerose

Noticed in your signature you show Freedom in 264 days. Is that CARNIVAL FREEDOM, Freedom of the Seas or what? If Carnival...please give details....ports etc.

Carnival isn't booking the Freedom yet... lots of us patiently waiting... I suspect it is RCL since Carnival Freedom won't be out until Feb 07... can't wait until pricing comes out!!! :D

I keep reading that people stored their suitcases under their bed.

I tried to push our suitcases under the bed and they were too tall.

Now I wonder if I was just trying from the wrong side, or if there's a trick.

Any hints? Or does anyone else just have suitcases that are too tall to go under the bed?

I tride to get my suitcase under and it didn't fit. I noticed that the bed had a rail along the side that hung down. By lifting the side of the bed a couple of inches, I was able to get it past the rail and there was enough space under the matress area for the suitcase to fit.

To get it out, you have to lift the side rail again.:)

I keep reading that people stored their suitcases under their bed. I tried to push our suitcases under the bed and they were too tall. Now I wonder if I was just trying from the wrong side, or if there's a trick. Any hints? Or does anyone else just have suitcases that are too tall to go under the bed?

Soft sided suitcases also help. Another helpful hint is to have you second one small enough to fit inside the larger one. We also take along a collapsible hamper for the dirty clothes in the closet. :o

I always carry the same hard-sided suitcases, and sometimes they fit under the bed and sometimes they didn't. In my case, the suitcases fit under the bed in the Destiny and Conquest, but not under the beds in the Jubilee and Holiday. Maybe the newer bed frames are taller??? I promise that I tried to put them under there the exact same way each time! There really was a difference in the height of the bed frames.

"Freedom" in the countdown refers to Barb's retirement day. Its probably going to end up being a fairly accurate cruise countdown clock too. Could even be Freedom of the Seas.
And here I thought it was a countdown clock for a court date with a divorce judge. :p

Archived