Walt Disney World, Universal Studios on Anthem OTS

Just another thought. International Food & Wine Festival on at Epcot through November 13. Google it. We attended 2 years ago just did Epcot and had a ball. Lots of free demos, extra country vendors for food, drink and trinkets. Very special...ends Nov. 13, 2017. Vicki

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I can tell you that Universal takes a long time if you are doing more than one park without a fast pass. Most rides can have over 30 minute wait times. Not to mention you'll be riding the coattail of halloween horror night visitors. It is super packed during that time frame because of that ( trust me I was there last year for it). I stayed on site and left in the morning at 7 am for the early opening and still got stuck in lines. If you are getting into port at 12 I wouldnt even waste the money. The only time I would do it is if the boat was entering port early ( 6:00-7:00 am) as there is no traffic really in the mornings there, at least none that I noticed. it is just a suggestion though.

Just another thought. International Food & Wine Festival on at Epcot through November 13. Google it. We attended 2 years ago just did Epcot and had a ball. Lots of free demos, extra country vendors for food, drink and trinkets. Very special...ends Nov. 13, 2017. Vicki

Saturdays at Epcot during food and wine are nuts! You couldn't pay me to go.

If we do universal we are only interested in one park. Universal Studios

Keep in mind that is the same park halloween horror nights is held. So there is a possibility that the park also may close early if they are hosting it that night. There will also be a ton of foot traffic as guest with halloween horror night passes are allowed to stay in certain areas of the park during the switchover.

We were just at Universal last March for Spring Break. I was surprised that they closed by 7 pm. I would definitely check the hours of the parks on that day as it may be even shorter Time than you think

Saturdays at Epcot during food and wine are nuts! You couldn't pay me to go.

Agree we went in October just gone and the Saturday was the busiest I have seen EPCOT far busier than during summer. The Food and Wine drags in the locals with Annual Passes.

We have noticed in our 3 October trips it is getting a lot busier especially EPCOT.

However; if you are going midweek it is brilliant :)

If we do universal we are only interested in one park. Universal Studios

We spent full day there from 7:00am last year and had Express pass as staying at Loews Royal Pacific(family of 4 works out cheaper staying overnight than buying) and we only just did all the main stuff.. minus Hogwarts Express which broke down for the day.

The park was pretty quiet as well but had a horrendous wait at Simpsons.

We did 2 days for both parks but I think you probably need 3; which is what we are going to do in July; and that includes having Express pass.

The wait without Express pass can be really lengthy. Personally I hate Express Pass but it is a charge you cant really avoid unless you have lots of time.

We went to Universal last November Thanksgiving week from AOTS, we docked at noon. Decided to get off and go right to buses rather than wait in theatre. The buses are lined up and leave as soon as they become full. Buses are labeled, bring your transfer ticket. We were on first bus that left with a nice head start. Purchased express pass tickets for both parks. Express lines move very quickly. Went on all main rides, Hulk 3 times. Express pass is way to go. Harry Potter area does not have express lines but most all other rides have express lines. Quick tip, the singles lines on King Kong move quickly and you can still sit together. Disney does not have same type of option. We enjoyed the time and made it worth it. We would not miss it.

Express pass is way to go. Harry Potter area does not have express lines but most all other rides have express lines. Quick tip, the singles lines on King Kong move quickly and you can still sit together. Disney does not have same type of option. We enjoyed the time and made it worth it. We would not miss it.

FWIW the coasters in Wizarding World do participate in Express Pass. Dragon Challenge and Flight of the Hippogriff.

Wdw has a few single rider options. I would never rely on being able to sit with your party when using SR lines. You got lucky but it's not the intention of those lines at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm a local and have annual passes to both parks. If it's your first time going to these, I wouldn't because that's not enough time to do much. And a previous poster is correct, food and wine festival at EPCOT draws us out and I can say from experience it gets more crowded every year. I love it, but I also can go anytime I want so if I miss something, no biggie. Single rider lines is always what we do at Universal, but we rarely get to sit together. And as far as Halloween horror nights, it's a separate ticketed event but people go early so it's crowded in the old park early. If you do decide to do Disney they have an app and you can put your ticket number in to reserve your fastpasses early (they're free at Disney but limited to 3, 1 big attraction and 2 lesser ones). I'm not sure how that would work getting tickets from the cruise, tho. I will say if you have Harry Potter fans there's a lot to do that doesn't involve rides. Wanda are for sale ($50 I think) that works in both Diagon Alley and Wizarding World to do "magic". You can see several examples online. Anyway, have a great trip and I can try to answer any questions about the parks if you have them

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app