Upgrade Question

Musthavewine

Has one ever got an upgrade on Divina when they already had an assigned room # or has it only been for people with guaranteed room? We have fantastica interior and wanted to see what our chances maybe of getting an upgrade to a balcony from MSC. My husband, 2 children and I are sail May 27th. We are new to cruising so any info would be helpful.

I would like to know this as well. I'm in the exact same situation. Same class, quad cabin with 2 kids, May 27. From what I could gather from a previous thread, for some reason upgrades get passed out like hotcakes to double occupancy cabins and not so much for quads. I'm cautiously being optimistic about the possibility though. Anyone have any info? Thanks

We have booked a balcony cabin for 2 weeks time on Splendida, just 2 of us. Knew our cabin number on day of booking, a few weeks ago found out we have been upgraded to YC, not sure why we got upgrade, but will post experience on our return. :)

We have booked a balcony cabin for 2 weeks time on Splendida, just 2 of us. Knew our cabin number on day of booking, a few weeks ago found out we have been upgraded to YC, not sure why we got upgrade, but will post experience on our return. :)

Please do ............... there is a serious lack of information about upgrades to YC. For all other upgrades, you get the cabin upgrade but not the 'Experience'. In your case, I don't believe you can have one without the other.

Please do ............... there is a serious lack of information about upgrades to YC. For all other upgrades, you get the cabin upgrade but not the 'Experience'. In your case, I don't believe you can have one without the other.

I will post for sure. As this is our first MSC cruise and also our first upgrade I will be interested to find out myself! Also had many posts about this situation, as you say not sure how we can get one without the other? Will they physically stop us using the YC areas of the ship? Will have to wait and see I guess, 5 days to go!!! :) :)

We received an upgrade to YC on an April sailing in Europe. We found out just before our ticket information was Emailed to us. We already had purchased a drinks package so we were able to order at the YC bars but we were not allowed to use the mini bar. My memory is not what it used to be but I think that is how it was.

It was a very pleasant surprise and it got us hooked on the YC experience. We don't expect to ever cruise (at least with MSC) and not book a YC cabin.

My guess would be the quads are less likely to be upgraded, just based upon their lack of overall cabins available to begin with. Since the larger majority of cabins are meant to hold only 2, the ones holding 4 go the quickest.

Sure wish we would have been upgraded on our upcoming sailing. But alas, nothing, except for my daughter. They are 18 and 19 booked in a cabin and linked to three other cabins. Rep told us because of their age we would probably be kept close together, but they got a balcony, which really isn't all that close to the rest of us.

Hope you have a really wonderful time and that you get the whole YC experience :D

Best of luck and bon voyage ;)

Thanks very much, I hope we do. have had a very seriously bad time of late and a much needed break is needed! Very much looking to our 1st MSC cruise what ever it brings :)

We received an upgrade to YC on an April sailing in Europe. We found out just before our ticket information was Emailed to us. We already had purchased a drinks package so we were able to order at the YC bars but we were not allowed to use the mini bar. My memory is not what it used to be but I think that is how it was.

It was a very pleasant surprise and it got us hooked on the YC experience. We don't expect to ever cruise (at least with MSC) and not book a YC cabin.

I only found out a few weeks ago about the upgrade, We had already purchased the drinks package. I only found out about upgrade when I added passport details, we wen't actually told about it!

Looking forward to our 1st MSC cruise what ever it brings. Not bothered about mini bar, but do hope for some sunshine!!!! lol