Any recent Serenade cruisers around?

emen822

Just looking to read a review for the Southern route and haven't seen a recent one. If anyone has returned, care to share your thoughts? My cruise is 5 months from today and I need a visual!! :D

I'm leaving on the Serenade this Saturday...if you don't get many responses by the time I get back, I'll give you one. To tide you over, this was a post that was left on the Meet and Mingle board for our cruise:

I have just returned from the southern Caribbean cruise aboard the Serenade of the Seas. Here is some info that I thought you might find useful.

The Captain (Master) of the ship is Charles Teige. He is the best captain I have ever sailed with. He was very concerned with providing a scenic cruise and he was very approachable. When we left the port of St Lucia he sailed at full speed so that we could reach the end of the island where the Pitons are before it got dark. Once there he pulled in very close to the Pitons and then turned the ship 180 degrees so that everyone on board got a great view of them. On our sea day (returning to San Juan from Barbados) he took us very close to Montserrat so we could see the extent of the lava flow that devastated the island in 1995. The volcano is still active and venting steam, which has a strong sulfur smell. You can see what remains of the cruise ship pier where it juts out into the ocean. Most of the pier is buried under many feet of lava and the town there no longer exists. He also took us very close to the islands of Nevis and St. Kitts so we could have a good look at them. At the Crown and Anchor reception, make it a point to thank him for the wonderful views.

Be sure to seek out a bartender named Troy. He is a real character and is very entertaining. He works in the theater for all the shows and also at the main pool during the days. At late night you can usually find him in the Vortex lounge on deck 13. He is a husky fellow with a great big smile and you will have lots of fun with him during the week. Be sure to find him early during your cruise.

One spectacular view of the ship can be found on deck 12 in the Crown and Anchor lounge. There is a glass floor that looks down into the Centrum and the view is fantastic.

Late night snacks and meals are available in the Seaview Café. Early in the cruise this area is not very crowded since most passengers do not find it until later in the cruise. It is located on deck 12 aft and the burgers there are great. Another area that is not crowded early in the cruise is the miniature golf course on deck 13 (above the Seaview Café).

As with all other Royal Caribbean cruises, make sure you do not miss The Quest! It was the highlight of the week.

I hope you enjoy your upcoming cruise. The ship is beautiful and the crew was wonderful.

I can't wait!!!

I'm leaving on the Serenade this Saturday...if you don't get many responses by the time I get back, I'll give you one. To tide you over, this was a post that was left on the Meet and Mingle board for our cruise:

I can't wait!!!

Have a great time on your cruise and please post a review when you return.

You guys who are all leaving soon make me jealous! We cruise on the 24th...of December.

If any of you meet Sinead at the hotel desk, tell her hello! You will love her!

emen822...you will love the route and ship. We have been on the ship 2x this year already and 2x last year. We've done the ports you are asking about while on the Serenade and will be doing it again in December...minus St Thomas, Christmas Day at sea. The visual heartofamerica left you is right on! That is how it was for us last year on the Southern route...except for the bartender, don't know about him. We can tell you that whole crew has been exceptional on every trip so far...we now feel like family, and are treated that way.

We just got back a week and a half ago from sailing the Seranade. It's a gorgeour ship and the crew are wonderful! The views and the islands can't be beat.

If you go to the Royal Caribbean Meet and Mingle and go to the Seranade and go to 10-29-05 you can read my feedback on our cruise. Not a true review but will give you some ideas. If you have specific questions, e-mail me at mercedesmom2002@yahoo.com and I'll answer you as quick as I can. I know your time is getting close and I'm excited for you as I'm going through withdrawals and depression is setting in.....

Oh, by the way, look up Cichek and Herbert (our waitress and waiter-we were at table 495) or if you're in the upper dining room, Zoltan (we had him on the Enchantment and found out he was on the Seranade and got to hook up with him again-he's wonderful!!!). Please tell them all Sue and Vic said hi and we really miss them. (we were at table 495 with Subrina (they'll all remember her!)

Have fun!!!

Antigua...we have done a taxi tour which was just okay, then went to a beach. The beach was nice...clean. Did some shopping right by the port and had mixed feelings about it. St Martin...we have stayed at the beach right by the port, just okay....have shopped on the French side and went to Bikini Beach which was pretty...in December we are taking the ferry to St Barts. Hope this helps....check out the post on the prt threads also.

I'll post too when I get back..... we leave in 8 days for San Juan (precruise) and sail on the 26th !!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOO

I know the time is going to fly after the holidays and my cruise will be here before you know it!

Please post a review when you get back. If you have pictures, that would be great too. Happy Sailing! :D

We just got back a week and a half ago from sailing the Seranade. It's a gorgeour ship and the crew are wonderful! The views and the islands can't be beat.

If you go to the Royal Caribbean Meet and Mingle and go to the Seranade and go to 10-29-05 you can read my feedback on our cruise. Not a true review but will give you some ideas. If you have specific questions, e-mail me at mercedesmom2002@yahoo.com and I'll answer you as quick as I can. I know your time is getting close and I'm excited for you as I'm going through withdrawals and depression is setting in.....

Oh, by the way, look up Cichek and Herbert (our waitress and waiter-we were at table 495) or if you're in the upper dining room, Zoltan (we had him on the Enchantment and found out he was on the Seranade and got to hook up with him again-he's wonderful!!!). Please tell them all Sue and Vic said hi and we really miss them. (we were at table 495 with Subrina (they'll all remember her!)

Have fun!!!

I really don't have any specific questions...Just want to hear about everything and get a visual. :) One person on that thread posted about how big their balcony was. I have a similar room booked and was hoping to get a look at the balcony. Hopefully they can post a picture or two. I'll be checking that thread every day or so as I'm a bit anxious to see a picture. They said they had two lounge chairs, two regular chairs and two tables -- in a D1 room!! Glad you had a good time and thanks for suggesting I check out that thread.

anyone ever do the Antiqua Castaway Beach Picnic (shore tour thru the ship) ??? we have this booked but now not so sure Antiqua is worth getting off the ship?:eek: Recommendations for the port of St Maarten?

I have been on this cruise.

The Pitons were absolutely amazing. They were two large "breasts" that we pirouetted around the very center of !! There is a resort on the beach at the bottom of the Pitons and the everyone on the beach waved at us.

Monsuerat was, I heard, amazing. Alas and alack, I was sleeping off my night of partying and very dissapointed I forgot to get up!!! I saw pics from my cruise buddy - surreal. There was a volcano that erupted and lava covers everything.

In antigua, I heard, a shore excursion is the only way to go. Dont just get off and expect to wander. Do a shore excursion or stay on the ship. We didnt do a shore excursion and, from what I heard, we missed out.

In St. Martin Look for the tourist info spot at the end of the pier. You can take a cab to the other side of the island (the frech side or was it the british side?) Anyways, there are afew restauraunts on the beach that serve tasty lunches and drinks. Be warned that this same side of the island is where the nude beaches are - so dont go if you dont like seeing nudity. From what I recall, no playboy playmates or desparate housewife type gardeners hung their either.

In St thomas you can rent a car for about $60 for the day and drive yourself to Maegans Bay. I hear that the ferry to St. John, and St. John itself, are amazing.

Barbados is AMAZING. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. Beaches, clean water and this delicious rum cake!!!

You are going to LOVE this cruise!!

hey nerak, found you!!! amazing how soon we'll be on this cruise.

a few more southern carib ideas.....in antigua...pineapple beach 1/2 day pass

barbados....silvermoon catamaran

st. lucia......not really sure

st. martaan.....morning at divi little beach afternoon at maho watching the jets fly by

all of this was found on cruise critics PORTS OF CALL section. almost as much fun as the cruise itself is doing the research.....I SAID ALMOST!!!

I have been on this cruise.

The Pitons were absolutely amazing. They were two large "breasts" that we pirouetted around the very center of !! There is a resort on the beach at the bottom of the Pitons and the everyone on the beach waved at us.

Monsuerat was, I heard, amazing. Alas and alack, I was sleeping off my night of partying and very dissapointed I forgot to get up!!! I saw pics from my cruise buddy - surreal. There was a volcano that erupted and lava covers everything.

In antigua, I heard, a shore excursion is the only way to go. Dont just get off and expect to wander. Do a shore excursion or stay on the ship. We didnt do a shore excursion and, from what I heard, we missed out.

In St. Martin Look for the tourist info spot at the end of the pier. You can take a cab to the other side of the island (the frech side or was it the british side?) Anyways, there are afew restauraunts on the beach that serve tasty lunches and drinks. Be warned that this same side of the island is where the nude beaches are - so dont go if you dont like seeing nudity. From what I recall, no playboy playmates or desparate housewife type gardeners hung their either.

In St thomas you can rent a car for about $60 for the day and drive yourself to Maegans Bay. I hear that the ferry to St. John, and St. John itself, are amazing.

Barbados is AMAZING. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. Beaches, clean water and this delicious rum cake!!!

You are going to LOVE this cruise!!

Yeah baby, can't wait!!!

Archived