dilemma for cruising in 2/06

firsttimer2006

Hey everyone,

We have booked our first cruise on Carnival Imagination for Feb 2006. My husband called me totally frantic yesterday saying that we are going to be cruising during the superbowl. I said that they'll probably show it on the ship but I wanted to see if anyone knows if they would do this?????

thanks!

We are also sailing during Superbowl, we will be on the Liberty and expect the Superbowl to be on the new outside big screen near the pool. Can't think of a better way to watch, that sitting by the pool, sipping on an umbrella drink. I'm sure it will be on somewhere, check your Capers for location.

We are also cruising during Super Bowl we are on the Glory. I have read on some forums that there will be one lounge set up during the game as a Super Bowl party on the ship. I have not heard this from Carnival themselves but I can only imagine that they will make a big deal of this game.

• 1 month later...
Hey everyone,

We have booked our first cruise on Carnival Imagination for Feb 2006. My husband called me totally frantic yesterday saying that we are going to be cruising during the superbowl. I said that they'll probably show it on the ship but I wanted to see if anyone knows if they would do this?????

thanks!

Hello firsttimer,

We watched Superbowl 2002 in one of the bars on the Imagination (NE Patriots). They had a nice set-up and put out a buffet of "game" food. It was a fun and unique way to see the Superbowl!

FrannyK

Costa Riviera 1985

NCL Seaward 1987

Carnival: Fantasy 1/2000

Sensation 2/2001

Imagination 1/2002

RCI Explorer 6/2002

RCI Monarch 4/2003

Sensation 2/2004

Imagination 2/2006

We are also sailing during Superbowl, we will be on the Liberty and expect the Superbowl to be on the new outside big screen near the pool. Can't think of a better way to watch, that sitting by the pool, sipping on an umbrella drink. I'm sure it will be on somewhere, check your Capers for location.

We're on the same cruise Sharon :) and all of us also expect that the SuperBowl will take main stage up on the big screen. Can't imagine they would let an opportunity like that pass them by!

We sailed on Carnival Destiny during the 1998 Superbowl. They not only broadcast it in several locations on board, but had it playing in the dance club on the walls made up of TV monitors. That created the effect of having several huge big-screen TV's going at once with the game on and stereo sound too. If I remember right, there were drink specials and the like during the game too.

We are usually on vacation during the Superbowl. A year ago was the first time in years that we were actually home to watch the game because we weren't leaving for our winter vacation until late February. It was the first time I actually watched our favorite team play in the Superbowl because I usually get so sick from nerves that I can't be in the room to watch it.

I also remember a girl friend at work being on a cruise and seeing the PATS win. She said it was so much fun but still wished she was at home to share it with family and friends. She also happened to be at an Elton John Concert in Las Vegas when the Red Sox won the World Series. She had to ask a bartender who won when she came out of the show.

At least the ships have satellite tv so everyone can enjoy the game if they want to see it.

Mary

Plymouth, MA

Archived