Internet costs for a 8 night cruise?

sandkps

Would We need at least the value plan to access gmail or Yahoo? We would like to check our emails and DH would need to check his work email (through outlook exchange, I think).

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Yes, you would need at least the Value Plan. The Social Plan only covers social media such as Facebook, etc.

• 3 months later...

Can anyone tell me if they've had problems with losing an internet connection completely mid application? Also, is speed better when cruise is in port? I have to take an exam on an upcoming cruise and I'm a little anxious. Thanks!!

Can anyone tell me if they've had problems with losing an internet connection completely mid application? Also, is speed better when cruise is in port? I have to take an exam on an upcoming cruise and I'm a little anxious. Thanks!!

To be completely honest with you, attempting to take a test over their wifi is very risky. Get a roaming plan from your cell carrier and hotspot your phone to your computer while in port

I buy the premium but don't switch to it until I totally lose AT&T because it's faster than ship wifi. I wouldn't want to have to count on it for a test. Sometimes it's decent..like 3G...Sometimes it doesn't work at all. It seems like it's better late at night when less people are using it.

To be completely honest with you, attempting to take a test over their wifi is very risky. Get a roaming plan from your cell carrier and hotspot your phone to your computer while in port

This. On our last cruise I could barely upload a single picture. It's a little better on port days but overall is not very reliable for important things

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app