Only great timing saved us! A Cautionary Tale

So, we were on Brilliance of the Seas, returning back to our cabin about 10:30 p.m. We wanted to go outside on the balcony to see the stars. When we unlocked the door and stepped out, we didn't realize that we didn't put the door lever all the way vertical, so when we closed the sliding door, the lever went horizontal, and locked the door from the inside. Uh oh, what to do?

Our friends were in the cabin next door, so my husband took a shoe he had left on the balcony, and threw it at their door. Then, we started making a lot of noise. Some people came out a deck or two down, and we were just asking them if they could call someone to help us get back in. Our friend had heard us as well, and as luck would have it, hubby had a sea card in his pocket. After passing it over the rail to our friend, she let us in.

So, be very careful when leaving your room that the lever is the way it needs to be before shutting the sliding glass door. We figured it could have been a while before we were able to find someone to help, especially if we hadn't be traveling with friends, or it had been later in the evening.

:'):'):'):'):'):')

Similar thing happened to us in Maui...out on the balcony being romantic late at night, door locks...we slept out there until our kid woke up in the am and let us in...lol...Glad you didn't have to do the same....

Similar thing happened to us in Maui...out on the balcony being romantic late at night, door locks...we slept out there until our kid woke up in the am and let us in...lol...Glad you didn't have to do the same....

:eek::eek::'):')

My dh actually locked me out there on the Infinity last year going around SA. He had gone off to hear the speaker. When I got up to go into the cabin for my camera as we were entering the Chilean fjords I realized he had locked me out. I was able to get the attention of a woman 2 balcony over. She didn't speak much English so,she got her husband who called guest services. They sent someone up who let me out. Dh didn't return for another hour so glad I found help. Of course didn't let dh forget!

Me too!😂😂😂😂