**who Uses A Good Reward Travel Card For Flights?

many cruises

When we cruise we like to use credit card miles to fly for free. Our present rewards credit card is changing its redemption guide, so it will use many more miles to fly in the future. I really don't want to pay an annual fee to use a rewards credit card. If anyone has a good recommendation, please post.

Many Cruises

Infinity- July 2006

Sapphire Princess- April 2006

Caribbean Princess- July 2005

Star Princess- April 2005

Century- July 2004

Mariner of the Seas- April 2004

Grand Princess- August 2003

Enchantment of the Seas- April 2003

Monarch of the Seas- April 2002

Sovereign of the Seas- April 2001

I use American Express, through Delta Airlines, and yes, it costs me $85 per year..but...one can make time payments, but since I pay it in full each month there is no interest, and have never had any problems with any blackout dates. In fact, I fly from Panama City, Florida to Bangor, Maine every year for Christmas ($400 trip) for free.

It doesn't matter where in the US you live, as long as part of your trip is on Delta. I have had legs of trips on American, Northwest, Continental and Virgin Atlantic. I charge almost everthing on my card to earn points fast, and they have a long list of places/services that give double miles year round (all gas, all drugstores, Wal-Mart, all hardware stores, most home improvement stores, ie Home Depot, Lowe's, etc.; all grocery stores, etc.) Additionally, several times per year they offer a period of double points on everything.

Last year I did a transatlantic to Europe, and flew home free from Germany. ($1,000 value); so I see the annual fee as very worthwhile.

BTW, if you decide to get this card - do not get it from Amex - go to the delta site (www.delta.com) and enroll in the card from there. (They link you over to Amex). That way you start off with 15,000 miles, 2,500 more if you have an additional card member, and no annual fee the first year. It takes 25,000 miles for a free roundtrip anywhere in US, and 50,000 for transatlantic.

Just one suggestion, you may find other ones. This one works great for me.

Cecilia

When we cruise we like to use credit card miles to fly for free. Our present rewards credit card is changing its redemption guide, so it will use many more miles to fly in the future. I really don't want to pay an annual fee to use a rewards credit card. If anyone has a good recommendation, please post.

Many Cruises

Infinity- July 2006

Sapphire Princess- April 2006

Caribbean Princess- July 2005

Star Princess- April 2005

Century- July 2004

Mariner of the Seas- April 2004

Grand Princess- August 2003

Enchantment of the Seas- April 2003

Monarch of the Seas- April 2002

Sovereign of the Seas- April 2001

We only fly Southwest Airlines so we got their Visa Card which only requires 19,000 miles to get a free ticket (vs 24,000 with AMEX). AMEX rewards is fine since you can accumulate points on other airlines but it costs twice what the SW Visa costs.

I have begun booking my transatlantic flights on Delta 331 days ahead for my cruise next October. I was very surprised to find that just about all flights are SKY CHOICE requiring double the miles of SkySaver!!!!!!! This is making the miles just about impossible to use.

In reading Consumer Reports this month, they recommend Delta SKY POINTS that gives you more flexibility and costs only $49.00 year. We are changing to this card.

Archived