Empress of the Seas Models

I certainly hope they're available by now. We'll be on Empress on May 15, and I'd be extremely disappointed if I couldn't get a model ship. I've gotten one from every ship I've ever sailed on and would really hate to have a gap in the collection.

I certainly hope they're available by now. We'll be on Empress on May 15, and I'd be extremely disappointed if I couldn't get a model ship. I've gotten one from every ship I've ever sailed on and would really hate to have a gap in the collection.

If we don't get a confirmation from another CC member, I'll certainly report back after our cruise on Empress in 3 weeks :D

• 3 weeks later...
Great, thanks for the confirmation!

UMDelt, I'm hoping you'll come back to the thread when you're back from Empress with your own confirmation about the ship models.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts about Empress in general. We're just back from ten nights on Royal Princess, so now we're shifting gears to looking forward to Empress.

UMDelt, I'm hoping you'll come back to the thread when you're back from Empress with your own confirmation about the ship models.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts about Empress in general. We're just back from ten nights on Royal Princess, so now we're shifting gears to looking forward to Empress.

Most definitely!

I'm overdue for writing a review. I "take" here on CC, but don't "give." :D I'll change that after my cruise next week. Anything specific you want me to report back on (besides the models)?

Most definitely!

I'm overdue for writing a review. I "take" here on CC, but don't "give." :D I'll change that after my cruise next week. Anything specific you want me to report back on (besides the models)?

I can't think of anything in particular. Since it's still 50+ days until we sail - and Empress will be based out of Tampa by then - I'm sure a lot of little things could change between now and then. Still, looking forward to your general impressions, pros & cons, and any comparisons between Empress and other ships (RC or otherwise).

Have a good cruise!

We were on Empress earlier in March. They did have the ship models in one of the shops. I did not notice the price though. Sorry!

That's good to hear. Thank you for the confirmation!

They better save one for me in May. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Back from Empress this past weekend! Here's the model and price. Still working on writing a review... have 50+ pictures ready to go :)

Excellent! Thank you for the undisputable proof! I'm heading over to check out your review thread now, but thanks again for updating this thread too.

When Empress of the Seas re-joined the fleet last year, cruisers reported that replica ship models weren't available onboard. Is that still the case? My wife and I are sailing on her later this month and we have a request from a long time Nordic Empress fan to bring a souvenir home.

Saw the Empress model in the gift shop on our cruise last week - $30 I think.

• 1 month later...
33477251980_d60f13bb41_b.jpg

Back from Empress this past weekend! Here's the model and price. Still working on writing a review... have 50+ pictures ready to go :)

We got back yesterday from our great cruise on Empress. I just took my model ship out of the box to put on the shelf with my other ships and instantly realized something that didn't click when I originally saw your picture...

Because of the side of the base they printed "Empress of the Seas" on, the ship is backwards compared to every other Royal Caribbean ship model. With all the others, the ship is facing left when the name is facing forward. On the Empress model, as you can see in your picture, the ship is facing right when the name is facing forward.

The couple of Norwegian ship models I have also face right, which I've always thought was appropriate to set them apart like the NCL "rebellious fish" logo & slogan. So at least Empress won't be the only ship I have facing that way, but it's the only Royal Caribbean ship that does.

Just a little thing, but it's gonna trigger some OCD part of me every time I see it. :mad: