An EPIC adventure - Eastern Caribbean

CJDepew

We were on this sailing with you. We traveled in from Orlando in the late morning, after receiving a text from NCL to arrive later than our scheduled embarkation. It took us hours to get onto the island, drop off the rental car and then get to the port. Luckily, by chance we called the local cab company and the driver we had was pretty aggressive. She drove on the wrong side of the highway to bypass all the traffic entering the port, and got us there in around 20 minutes. Not sure if I would ever sail out of Port Canaveral ever again. It doesnt seem to be able to handle the traffic.

I must say it was entertaining to look at someone else's photos of my vacation. Hope you enjoyed the cruise as much as we did!

I bet your driver flew around us as 8 of us had fun sitting and grumbling and laughing in traffic in a Dodge Ram. Three of the guys were in the bed with the luggage and our driver, a crazy friend, kept putting on his purple and red **** hat and waving to the traffic.

Two years ago we cruised out of the Royal Caribbean slot on the other side of the port and it was a breeze. I'm thinking that double lane ramp isn't enough pavement to handle passengers for three ships at the same time.

We had a blast and used the Cruise Next offer to book our 2018 cruise.

Thanks for the kind comments on the photos. I have a Nikon I840, which is sort of dummy-proof, but I still need to learn more about it, and enhancing the photos once they're downloaded. Those I posted are all raw.

I'll try to finish up tonight. Don't have access to my photo sharing site at work, which clips my wings a bit.

We arrived at Port Canaveral pretty early. I was up well before 6am and we were already docked.

port%20canaveral_zpsoyiy7n08.jpg

Self-debarkation was the quickest we've ever been through, and we were off the ship and through Customs by 7:15 am. I called Cortrans to touch base about our shuttle reservations, and we were headed to the airport by 8am.If anyone ever needs shuttle reservations at Port Canaveral I'd highly recommend Cortrans. They were efficient, professional and very reasonably priced.

And that, is our trip in a nutshell. A great time was had by all, and we can't wait to do it (on a smaller ship) again next year!