Car broke down - Alabama questions

HDC80

We are 3 hours from Mobile, Alabama. We stopped and got gas. Long story short, there was diesel in the unleaded pump. We are at a pep boys and one of the mechanics volunteered to take my husband 30 minutes away to a car rental place. (Budget). We booked a hotel that had a park and cruise package. My problem is that I don't know how we are going to get the rental car from the hotel back to another budget. The closest one is at the airport. We can take it there but then we won't be able to get to the cruise terminal. I'm sorry I am not thinking straight. I checked Uber and it said $38 from the airport to the cruise terminal. Does this sound like the best way to do this? I am 8 hours from home [emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are 3 hours from Mobile, Alabama. We stopped and got gas. Long story short, there was diesel in the unleaded pump. We are at a pep boys and one of the mechanics volunteered to take my husband 30 minutes away to a car rental place. (Budget). We booked a hotel that had a park and cruise package. My problem is that I don't know how we are going to get the rental car from the hotel back to another budget. The closest one is at the airport. We can take it there but then we won't be able to get to the cruise terminal. I'm sorry I am not thinking straight. I checked Uber and it said $38 from the airport to the cruise terminal. Does this sound like the best way to do this? I am 8 hours from home [emoji22]

That seems to be a reasonable fare. I hope that it all works out for you.

Is the gas station picking up the costs of repairs, rental, Uber, etc.?

They should pick up costs if it was their fault. Depending on how much diesel is in the tank you really don't have much in the way of repairs. Cut it with premium and run it out, it will smoke like a leaf fire and you'll have a well lubricated top end, but it'll work.

The Budget at the airport is about 15 miles from the cruise terminal. $38 sound pretty good to me as you don't have a lot of options. You can try giving these folks a call. I think they also own Yellow Cab.

http://www.mobilebaytransportation.com/

Is there a airport shuttle that goes to the terminal?

Carnival has a shuttle from Mobile Regional Airport. The OP normally wouldn't be able to book it in this short notice - but it wouldn't hurt to call Carnival and ask.

I'm not sure of your logistics, but how are you going to get your car back? Will you have to do this juggling on the return too? It may be best to just keep the rental as if it were your own car and pay for it while you are on your cruise and it is sitting in the hotel parking lot. Then you will have the car available upon your return to drive back and pick up your car.

If they said they broke down about 3 hours from Mobile, they would probably rent another car at Mobile Airport, pick up their vehicle, and return the rental to the Montgomery Airport.

Sent from my eye phone using Forums FFS