Vista eastern or southern?

wenny101

I'm booked for the Vista for the southern itinerary for next year ,but now I'm thinking of changing to the eastern itinerary. because port times are a little longer. If you had to pick between Eastern or Southern routes which one would you pick?

Southern itinerary

Grand Turk 7 to 2 pm

La Romana 9:30 to 4:30

Curaçao 1:30 to 10:30

Aruba 8:00 to 4:00

Eastern

Grand Turk 8:00 to 4:00

San Juan 1:00 to 8:00

St. Kitts 10:00 to 8:00

St. Maarten 8:00 to 5:00

Southern. Eastern is easily done from Miami on any number of ships. It's nice to have a Southern route that doesn't originate in San Juan. We just did Southern in January, and while we we've done both, San Juan and St. Kitts are not favorites. Love St. Maarten, but also loved Curacao and Aruba. It's really a horse a piece so because it's a lot more difficult to find a decent southern from Miami....It go with that!

Southern. Eastern is easily done from Miami on any number of ships. It's nice to have a Southern route that doesn't originate in San Juan. We just did Southern in January, and while we we've done both, San Juan and St. Kitts are not favorites. Love St. Maarten, but also loved Curacao and Aruba. It's really a horse a piece so because it's a lot more difficult to find a decent southern from Miami....It go with that!

I've done the Eastern route before and your right about it easily done from Miami. Thats one of the reasons i booked the Southern route and its on a newer bigger ship. La Romana sounds like you have to spend some $ on a good excursion to get much out of the day, Aruba & Curacao look lovely.

We did the Southern last year. Want to do the Eastern next year. La Romana is kind of the weak link. But we want to go back to Aruba.

La Romana looks like we are going to spend some $ on a good excursion to get much out of that day. I was excited about going to the DR until i did my research on that port.

La Romana looks like we are going to spend some $ on a good excursion to get much out of that day. I was excited about going to the DR until i did my research on that port.

We walked outside the fence, took a right. Ticket booth had bus tickets, $7pp to the little recreated village. It was a short ride. It was basically a side thing to a big golf resort. A couple restaurants, a cigar store and a few others. The customary locals in costume, costs $1 for them to pose with you. It was an ok thing. My parents took a bus into town and said the vendors were really pushy and was not a good experience. But again YMMV.