Harmony "Suites" Questions

Two questions about HOTS suites:

1. The Grand Suites have a wall in the middle of the cabin. I've only seen pictures, but doesn't this make the cabin feel really small? I was in a JS, which seemed quite spacious...but the GS looks cramped with that wall there (?)

2. If you look up Harmony on the Royal website, then go under Staterooms/Suites, the last cabin type listed is Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony. Why is this listed in the Suites section?

Two questions about HOTS suites:

1. The Grand Suites have a wall in the middle of the cabin. I've only seen pictures, but doesn't this make the cabin feel really small? I was in a JS, which seemed quite spacious...but the GS looks cramped with that wall there (?)

2. If you look up Harmony on the Royal website, then go under Staterooms/Suites, the last cabin type listed is Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony. Why is this listed in the Suites section?

Hi Lisa - We were on the same Harmony cruise. We had a GS cabin and yes there is a wall that splits the living area from the bedroom. The good part is it allows for privacy in the bedroom if one wants to sleep late or if you have more than two guest and have to use the sofa bed in the living room. Also with the wall you have two flat screen TVs on either side. The not so good, is it does make the cabin look smaller and tight space with coffee table in the middle. We moved the glass coffee table to the cabinet under the living room TV just to create a clear path in the living area. Every time we did that our room stewart would move it back to the middle. Then we would move it again. After a few times she got it and left it in front/under the TV. That was better flow.

On your second question, I am not sure why that cabin is with the suites. I was thinking it could be because of the new categories but it doesn't make sense.

Hi Lisa - We were on the same Harmony cruise.

I remember! We are looking at Thanksgiving 2018 on Symphony. Any interest? :-)

We had a GS cabin and yes there is a wall that splits the living area from the bedroom. The good part is it allows for privacy in the bedroom if one wants to sleep late or if you have more than two guest and have to use the sofa bed in the living room. Also with the wall you have two flat screen TVs on either side. The not so good, is it does make the cabin look smaller and tight space with coffee table in the middle. We moved the glass coffee table to the cabinet under the living room TV just to create a clear path in the living area. Every time we did that our room stewart would move it back to the middle. Then we would move it again. After a few times she got it and left it in front/under the TV. That was better flow.

Makes sense. It looks like get a bigger bathroom (double sink!) in a GS, and a bigger balcony with a table. But you lose the walk-in closet from the JS, and I really like my walk-in closet. This is a tough one.

On your second question, I am not sure why that cabin is with the suites. I was thinking it could be because of the new categories but it doesn't make sense.

Puzzling, isn't it? Then again, nothing surprises me. When we boarded Harmony and found that they forgot to build the connecting door for our connecting cabins, I decided that nothing Royal does would surprise me anymore.

I remember! We are looking at Thanksgiving 2018 on Symphony. Any interest? :-)

Makes sense. It looks like get a bigger bathroom (double sink!) in a GS, and a bigger balcony with a table. But you lose the walk-in closet from the JS, and I really like my walk-in closet. This is a tough one.

Puzzling, isn't it? Then again, nothing surprises me. When we boarded Harmony and found that they forgot to build the connecting door for our connecting cabins, I decided that nothing Royal does would surprise me anymore.

We are trying to decide which Symphony sailing to do. Part of me wants to try a TA for the first time. So will see what prices look like. Otherwise maybe the new Western Itinerary.

The bathroom is nice and spacious and the double sink is great. The closet in the GS is not in an optimal location next to the Bar Counter, but no where else it could go. We originally had a JS booked but switched with the then "great BOGO sale". Yes the walking closet is great.

If the price is great and you can swing it, go for the GS, The added perks with the suite lounge, costal kitchen anytime and etc was very good, The loungers on the balcony were very nice too. Did you have one in your JS. I recall on Oasis that not all JS had loungers. Only the bigger balcony JS had them.

We are trying to decide which Symphony sailing to do. Part of me wants to try a TA for the first time. So will see what prices look like. Otherwise maybe the new Western Itinerary.

The bathroom is nice and spacious and the double sink is great. The closet in the GS is not in an optimal location next to the Bar Counter, but no where else it could go. We originally had a JS booked but switched with the then "great BOGO sale". Yes the walking closet is great.

If the price is great and you can swing it, go for the GS, The added perks with the suite lounge, costal kitchen anytime and etc was very good, The loungers on the balcony were very nice too. Did you have one in your JS. I recall on Oasis that not all JS had loungers. Only the bigger balcony JS had them.

We took advantage of the "sale" as well, but opted for the price drop rather than upgrading to a GS. We really wanted connecting cabins, and that's one reason we stayed put. Of course, the best laid plans (only to find out that there was no connecting door once on the ship!)

Our JS had 2 chairs with ottomans. So they weren't loungers, but we could still kick our feet up. They didn't have nice cushions like the GS, though! I will have to see what the pricing is like before I decide.

• 6 months later...