London Question

roadbeagle

We love Amba at Charing Cross. Great location for local visits and two tube stations for moving around. Hotel is great and staff is fantastic. We recommended it to others and they had the same experience. Next time in London, we will be there again.

We will be staying in London for 3 days after a HAL cruise and before a Cunard cruise.

There's a cool little laundromat in Southampton run by an older local lady. We 'd been traveling by train for 3 weeks and needed to wash before cruising TA. We'd found it thru Rick Steve's books. We were about BFFs with the lady by the time we emptied the dryer :D:D

Google "TFL plan a journey" It will show you how to get from point to point usually by tube. After the first day I was able to use the map and get by without the planning. Also bought the oyster card and highly recommend it. Easy to reload and easy to get a refund on unused portion. We stayed at Grosvenor at victoria station. Walked to Buckingham palace and took the tube to all other spots. Loved London eye and west end plays. Never even needed a taxi.

I commute to King's Cross St Pancras every day, there are plenty of hotels in the area but a lot of them are not that good a standard, but the location would be excellent for getting to different parts of the city by tube (and also for trains to places outside of London - like Canterbury ;) ). I've always thought that the Megaro Hotel looks like a decent hotel.

If you are flying in to Heathrow​ then it's worth knowing that the Piccadilly Line will take you from the airport into the city centre.

Premier Inn is a nearly always reliable choice but they will never be more than that.

When my wife and I want to stay in London i will always check the price at Apex Temple and Apex Wall hotels.

Edited by EdBed

Friends have liked the Hotel Montana in Kensington, near the Tube. Nice neighborhood, tube will get you anywhere - get a day pass. And I see the current prices are in the low US$100. Hard to find in this city, but keep your expectations in line with the price - clean place to sleep.