Some Questions about Oceania excursions

cruising3

We will be taking our first Oceania cruise in October on Marina from Lisbon to Barcelona. I am unfamiliar with Oceania's tour system and the posts I have been reading discussing free, OE and OC tours have been a bit confusing. ( I expect I need to read the Oceania literature with some care, but any basic guidance would be appreciated). My initial questions about Oceania excursions are:

1. For those who have taken Oceania bike tours - have you enjoyed them? Do they provide good bikes sized for each rider?

2. It appears that a number of Oceania "exclusive" excursions normally offered for our cruise that cover essentially the same sites as the "Choice" excursions. For those who have taken both Exclusive and Choice tours, Is the premium paid for a smaller group worthwhile? Are there other differences, such as better guides on the Exclusive tours?

Thanks in advance.

Lynn

We will be taking our first Oceania cruise in October on Marina from Lisbon to Barcelona. I am unfamiliar with Oceania's tour system and the posts I have been reading discussing free, OE and OC tours have been a bit confusing. ( I expect I need to read the Oceania literature with some care, but any basic guidance would be appreciated). My initial questions about Oceania excursions are:

1. For those who have taken Oceania bike tours - have you enjoyed them? Do they provide good bikes sized for each rider?

2. It appears that a number of Oceania "exclusive" excursions normally offered for our cruise that cover essentially the same sites as the "Choice" excursions. For those who have taken both Exclusive and Choice tours, Is the premium paid for a smaller group worthwhile? Are there other differences, such as better guides on the Exclusive tours?

Thanks in advance.

Lynn

"Choice" tours are just more expensive ones than the basic group of tours that run about $90-$120/person that are included as possible choices for O Life perks. They often have food or some kind of performance and/or linger transport time. They also incur an extra charge for folks who purchase the excursion package.

The "exclusive" tours are just certain of the basic or choice tours with groups limited to usually no more than ten.

We mix ship and private tours as appropriate and needed for our preferences and have (so far) opted for privately arranged tours rather than the choice or exclusive ship tours.

One good tip is to call oceania at about 90 days prior to your cruise and ask for a PDF of the excursions to be e-mailed to you. I find the PDF much easier than the website to compare ship tours.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums