Breakaway themal spa pass

Horsegoer

We had a spa balcony on BA. We have done the spa on HAL, RCCL and Celebrity. BA would come in last but it is a relaxing place most of the time. If you are considering it check to see the difference in price to get the spa balcony.

Most years, we sail the Breakaway in February during President's week. We have 3 full sea days and the weather isn't always conducive to lounging outside. I found the Spa to be a fantastic spot to getaway and soak in the warmth. For me, it was worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You only say you are sailing on Breakaway - not what time of year or what kind of cabin or which itinerary. The spa is a great place to relax on a crowded sailing and also on a colder cruise. Think about your itinerary and how much you would actually use the spa. Also, depending on your current cabin look into cost to upgrade to a spa cabin where thermal suite access is included. Once my sister was booked in some balcony category on Getaway & it was less than $200 per person to change to Spa balcony cabin.

The thermal spa on Breakaway is very nice. Especially if the weather is cold or inclement. There are plenty of loungers with nice sea views as well as heated stone loungers which people hog all day long. They are not comfortable so not worth being upset about if you can't get one. There is a very large heated pool with several jacuzzi type features making waves and massaging action and one small pool with tsunami style motion, very fun. It is large enough that it should not get crowded. Then there are the rooms, including the salt room which is cool and a sauna. My only complaints about it are: you can't really get anything to drink besides the water or flavored water and tea. I would have like bar service in there, a glass of champagne would be nice! After a long while, the chlorine from the pools was burning my eyes insanely, I had to leave (the area is fully enclosed so the chlorine has nowhere to go). Maybe I'm more sensitive to that than others. Overall it's a very relaxing place where the water features can be enjoyed for a long time without crowding up against others like in the hot tubs at the pool. Spa balcony is very nice as it's close to spa and thermal suite is included and your bathroom will be nicer.

The thermal spa pass is the one part of the cruise that I cannot go without. I am one of those people who prefers quiet and solitude to loud music, dancing and socializing. The last cruise I took was before they started offering purchase of the spa pass prior to the cruise, and I literally had to sprint up to deck 14 as fast as my little legs could carry me to purchase on board. It's worth it, though. I was nowhere to be found during the sail away party because I was in the spa, quietly relaxing away the flight from the night before.

Spa balcony is very nice as it's close to spa and thermal suite is included and your bathroom will be nicer.

I don't want to be negative but I have to speak up to prevent anyone being disappointed.

The only difference between a normal balcony and a spa balcony is that all the spa balconies are close to the spa, the spa pass is included, and they have some nicer toiletries in the bathroom in small bottles (lotion, shampoo, and conditioner) along with the regular dispenser in the shower. The wood colours are a bit different too and the little coloured thing that goes across the foot of the bed is a different colour. Everything else is the same. The bathroom is the same size. No tub or fancy shower or anything.

If you step up to a Haven Spa Suite it's nicer, but it comes with a bigger price tag too.

We've been on the Breakaway a few times and always stayed in a regular balcony until January 2017 when we stayed in a spa balcony because the price dropped enough after we booked that the regular balcony was the same price as the spa balcony and we were able to upgrade for free.

Edited by C-line
memory is going :)

I don't want to be negative but I have to speak up to prevent anyone being disappointed.

The only difference between a normal balcony and a spa balcony is that all the spa balconies are close to the spa, the spa pass is included, and they have some nicer toiletries in the bathroom in small bottles (lotion, shampoo, and conditioner) along with the regular dispenser in the shower. The wood colours are a bit different too and the little coloured thing that goes across the foot of the bed is a different colour. Everything else is the same. The bathroom is the same size. No tub or fancy shower or anything.

If you step up to a Haven Spa Suite it's nicer, but it comes with a bigger price tag too.

We've been on the Breakaway a few times and always stayed in a regular balcony until January 2017 when we stayed in a spa balcony because the price dropped enough after we booked that the regular balcony was the same price as the spa balcony and we were able to upgrade for free.

Oops just realized I misspoke: we had a spa mini suite, not a spa balcony. So that's why we had the fancy shower with all the body jets and rainfall shower head. It was quite huge. My bad!

Oops just realized I misspoke: we had a spa mini suite, not a spa balcony. So that's why we had the fancy shower with all the body jets and rainfall shower head. It was quite huge. My bad!

I saw a mini suite on our cabin crawl - the shower was huge compared to the regular showers and the bathroom in general was quite nice! :)

After a long while, the chlorine from the pools was burning my eyes insanely, I had to leave (the area is fully enclosed so the chlorine has nowhere to go). Maybe I'm more sensitive to that than others.

Thanks for pointing this out. I was thinking of trying a Haven Spa suite on the Escape next year, but this gives me pause. Most indoor swimming pools are a no go for me, as the chlorine triggers my migraines, but I was only thinking of the heated loungers and saunas, etc.

I suppose I might go for it anyway, since the rooms seems like a good deal price wise for the space you get, and with a baby on board, I doubt I would have time use it very much anyway. Good way to try it out without losing a lot of money on something I can't use.

Thanks for pointing this out. I was thinking of trying a Haven Spa suite on the Escape next year, but this gives me pause. Most indoor swimming pools are a no go for me, as the chlorine triggers my migraines, but I was only thinking of the heated loungers and saunas, etc.

I suppose I might go for it anyway, since the rooms seems like a good deal price wise for the space you get, and with a baby on board, I doubt I would have time use it very much anyway. Good way to try it out without losing a lot of money on something I can't use.

The Haven Spa suites are the best deal IMO. They are the cheapest Haven rooms, and you get spa access thrown in for free. The nice thing about the Escape Haven Spa rooms is you have a private entrance to the spa - the door at the end of the hallway that looks like a crew door, is really your backdoor in. It's a nice little perk if you don't want to walk all of the way around to the main spa entrance....I'm lazy like that lol

The Haven Spa suites are the best deal IMO. They are the cheapest Haven rooms, and you get spa access thrown in for free. The nice thing about the Escape Haven Spa rooms is you have a private entrance to the spa - the door at the end of the hallway that looks like a crew door, is really your backdoor in. It's a nice little perk if you don't want to walk all of the way around to the main spa entrance....I'm lazy like that lol

Spa balcony and mini suits on breakaway also have a secret entrance. They won't tell you about it.

You only say you are sailing on Breakaway - not what time of year or what kind of cabin or which itinerary. The spa is a great place to relax on a crowded sailing and also on a colder cruise. Think about your itinerary and how much you would actually use the spa. Also, depending on your current cabin look into cost to upgrade to a spa cabin where thermal suite access is included. Once my sister was booked in some balcony category on Getaway & it was less than $200 per person to change to Spa balcony cabin.

Thanks. Cruising out of NYC next month going to to Bermuda...7 days..3 at sea

How did you upgrade? Call them up? Thanks

Might do that but right now the minimum bid price is $500 pp. thanks

How'd you do the upgrade?

How'd you do the upgrade?

You get invited to bid on upgrades (like an online auction). When you logon to MyNCL, there will be a link to bid 80 days until your cruise date. If your bid is accepted (usually a few days before cruise), your credit card is charge for the bid price and your room is switched. $750-$1000 (or more) per person to upgrade to a low end Havens.

You get invited to bid on upgrades (like an online auction). When you logon to MyNCL, there will be a link to bid 80 days until your cruise date. If your bid is accepted (usually a few days before cruise), your credit card is charge for the bid price and your room is switched. $750-$1000 (or more) per person to upgrade to a low end Havens.

But c line said they upgraded for the same price as they purchased the balcony for so I'm assuming it wasn't via the auction as you would have to pay something.....min $500pp

But c line said they upgraded for the same price as they purchased the balcony for so I'm assuming it wasn't via the auction as you would have to pay something.....min $500pp

It was a couple of months ago, before they started with the auctions, but it was far enough out from sailing that the auction wouldn't have been going on yet anyway. After we book a cruise I keep a close eye on the prices. The prices dropped enough that a spa balcony was the same price we had paid for our regular balcony. I called NCL (we always book direct) and we were able to switch to the spa balcony for no charge.

We've sailed on Breakaway three times. All three times in a Haven Spa suite. The pass was always included and if it wasn't I would have paid. The therapy pool is fantastic and I personally like it more than the Solstice Class Celebrity or Quantum class RCCL ships. Those ships have much smaller spa rooms and I guess since they don't have hot tubs or therapy pools in the spa it forces you to go out to the public spaces where its less relaxing...

It was a couple of months ago, before they started with the auctions, but it was far enough out from sailing that the auction wouldn't have been going on yet anyway. After we book a cruise I keep a close eye on the prices. The prices dropped enough that a spa balcony was the same price we had paid for our regular balcony. I called NCL (we always book direct) and we were able to switch to the spa balcony for no charge.

Thanks

We've sailed on Breakaway three times. All three times in a Haven Spa suite. The pass was always included and if it wasn't I would have paid. The therapy pool is fantastic and I personally like it more than the Solstice Class Celebrity or Quantum class RCCL ships. Those ships have much smaller spa rooms and I guess since they don't have hot tubs or therapy pools in the spa it forces you to go out to the public spaces where its less relaxing...

So the auction has the haven spa at a minimum bid price of $500pp. Do you know if The minimum bid price drops anytime? Thanks

Just called NCL and they said a spa balcony upgrade would be $375 for both of us. So we'd be saving $25 as th spa pass is $200pp. She did said prices fluctuate so it could be more or less to upgrade day to day. I decided to pass for now but will upgrade at some point. Hope it's lower..lol