MIRACLE Ship's Time in Mexico?

This is a simple fix, it does not matter what time Cabo or any other port is on. The ship will give you an 'ALL ABOARD TIME' this goes by "SHIP" time. My DW and I set our clocks/watches to ship time, all the time. We have never been late getting back. Never ask the locals "what time is it?" they maybe on a different time then the ship. We found this out on our Mexican Riviera cruise. I can't remember which port but it was one of the last ones, local time was like 2-3 hours different then ship time. My wife was nervous about being late, but we were on ship time so we were fine.

On top of Alaskan Joe's wise advice, you can set your smart phones to NOT change automatically to the time zone or you're in. Just tell it to stick to the ship's home port time zone. You can change it back after you get home. I went even further and filled an empty screen on my phone with clocks for each port I was visiting on our 7 day last July. Set each clock to adhere to that port's time zone no matter where I was geographically and set my main page clock to the Conquest's FLL time zone and I always knew what ship time was and what time it was in the city we were visiting.

I did have to research a little bit what time zone some cities were in as the specific cities weren't always listed but there was always a big city nearby in the same time zone.

On top of Alaskan Joe's wise advice, you can set your smart phones to NOT change automatically to the time zone or you're in. Just tell it to stick to the ship's home port time zone. You can change it back after you get home. I went even further and filled an empty screen on my phone with clocks for each port I was visiting on our 7 day last July. Set each clock to adhere to that port's time zone no matter where I was geographically and set my main page clock to the Conquest's FLL time zone and I always knew what ship time was and what time it was in the city we were visiting.

I did have to research a little bit what time zone some cities were in as the specific cities weren't always listed but there was always a big city nearby in the same time zone.

What did you do if you have ever sailed on a cruise where the ship's time goes forward or back one hour?

On Carnival ships the Fun Times will list the ship time used for the next day's port of call.

Plus when you dock, they will tell you the time and announce when you need to be back. You can check your watch/smart phone then.

For Carnival to change from ship time to local time would require a significant event occurring. Even late arrivals that extend time in port use ship time. But it is up to the Captain's discretion if local port time is to be used.

What did you do if you have ever sailed on a cruise where the ship's time goes forward or back one hour?

Its just like day light savings if the ship time goes forward or back you set your clocks/watches accordingly. Before you get off the ship they will have the 'ship time' posted ie; set your watch here;).

I haven't yet but I imagine there'd be an announcement and I'd set my phone just like I'd set my watch.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Forums mobile app

These Mexican Riviera cruises will have you changing often. By the time you get to Puerto Vallarta you are two hours off from ship time but one hour off in Matzalan. It becomes a case of " if it's 8pm this must be Puerto Vallarta " situation. :)

Seems to me that a significant point has been missed in these answers:

It isn't so much getting back to ship on time, it is booking your own shore excursions at a correct time.

Last cruise, for example, we booked Los Veranos Zipline for 11 am.

Ship arrived at 9 am ( ship time )

AHA: Problemo, senor.. it was 10 am PV time.

This led to folks missing the excursion because there was not enough time to debark and get to designated meeting place.

Yes, this is all handled when booking an excursion through Carnival.

I am just bringing to attention for those that do need to know correct port time, for whatever reason.

Blessings,

Sam

Seems to me that a significant point has been missed in these answers:

It isn't so much getting back to ship on time, it is booking your own shore excursions at a correct time.

Last cruise, for example, we booked Los Veranos Zipline for 11 am.

Ship arrived at 9 am ( ship time )

AHA: Problemo, senor.. it was 10 am PV time.

This led to folks missing the excursion because there was not enough time to debark and get to designated meeting place.

Yes, this is all handled when booking an excursion through Carnival.

I am just bringing to attention for those that do need to know correct port time, for whatever reason.

Blessings,

Sam

That is what my concern is which is excursions. I will be on board next month and plan to buy a cheap Timex to keep ship time and my cell to keep local time. Plus if you have a drink or two while on shore there is more of a chance to screw the pooch.