Sail away party group dances

5ten

Anyone recently on Dream remember which songs they played at Sail away party? My kids are afraid hubby will embarrass them and want to start teaching him now. :D I've learned majority of them from dance competition awards my girls are in, so they aren't worried about me. LOL

Last cruise we were on they did: Wobble, YMCA, Cupid Shuffle, & Cha Cha Slide. Are there any new ones? Kids are hoping "JuJu on that beat" is played. ;p

Makes me laugh the things my kids are concerned about for the cruise.

How about on the Magic? Do they do the same dances on all the ships?

And do they still have the party, even if sail away is still going on during muster? In our last Carnival cruise, we missed sail away, because of muster still going on.

I'm not sure if the ships all use the same songs or not.

The only song I distinctly remember from the Breeze a couple weeks ago was they taught everyone a dance that goes to the Taylor Swift song "Shake It Off".

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The only song I distinctly remember from the Breeze a couple weeks ago was they taught everyone a dance that goes to the Taylor Swift song "Shake It Off". Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Will have to ask my kids if they know this one. :D

This is the version of the JuJu that my kids have been trying to teach their Dad. Since I can't post him doing it, I thought I would share really good people doing it.;p

• 4 months later...

Not to ignore your original question, but I don't dance much, and if I did, and if I had kids, they would surely be embarrassed.;)

I suggest "Let Dad embarrass the kids!";p

It will be more fun and add to the memories!

This is the version of the JuJu that my kids have been trying to teach their Dad. Since I can't post him doing it, I thought I would share really good people doing it.;p

There is no way I could do that. Not even in my dreams. I can barely do the cupid shuffle. Even macarena & ymca are a challenge. Just not that coordinated. Tell your kids not to worry - dad won't be the only one out there that may not be a skilled dancer. Especially if I am there.

Anyone recently on Dream remember which songs they played at Sail away party? My kids are afraid hubby will embarrass them and want to start teaching him now. :D I've learned majority of them from dance competition awards my girls are in, so they aren't worried about me. LOL

Last cruise we were on they did: Wobble, YMCA, Cupid Shuffle, & Cha Cha Slide. Are there any new ones? Kids are hoping "JuJu on that beat" is played. ;p

Makes me laugh the things my kids are concerned about for the cruise.

Embarrass the kids? That's what dads are for. At least that is what I tell mine. :D

I think if you know the 'lectric slide and cupid shuffle (I know neither) you can get by on any cruise ship. The rest you can just stumble around and spin occasionally. I am pretty much with the couch potato crowd though.