Payment question

My cruise isn't for another year 😞 so I know payment isn't due for quite some time. However, I just applied for the RCCL Visa card so that I could get $175 OBC. I thought the easiest way to get to the $1000 in charges I need on the card for the OBC would be to use it to put down a $1000 payment toward the cruise. If I do this and then have to cancel will I have any trouble getting that $1000 back?

Sent from my XT1575 using Forums mobile app

My cruise isn't for another year 😞 so I know payment isn't due for quite some time. However, I just applied for the RCCL Visa card so that I could get $175 OBC. I thought the easiest way to get to the $1000 in charges I need on the card for the OBC would be to use it to put down a $1000 payment toward the cruise. If I do this and then have to cancel will I have any trouble getting that $1000 back?

Nope.:)

It's just RCCL branded, so the bank treats it just like any other credit card. I have always gotten my cancellation fees back fairly fast. Usually within 7-10 days.

Thanks! I suppose I would just have $1000 credit to use up on the card in that case. I don't plan on cancelling anyway 😀

I have a question. I have a cruise in April on 2018 over a year away. When I log on to my royal account I get a pop up window saying I have to make a payment of $500 dollars by May 23 or they're going to cancel my cruise. Has it always been this way or is it something new they're doing now demanding money

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have a question. I have a cruise in April on 2018 over a year away. When I log on to my royal account I get a pop up window saying I have to make a payment of $500 dollars by May 23 or they're going to cancel my cruise. Has it always been this way or is it something new they're doing now demanding money

Did you book the cruise on board or some other way where you paid less than full deposit? Of so, this is a known issue with Royal's website. They have never properly programmed (on purpose I would bet) their systems to handle less than full deposits. You can call them to confirm you won't get cancelled if that would give you some peace of mind.