Is the incidental charge the same as OnBoard Credit?

As first-time cruisers, this board has helped answer several questions that DW and I have asked. Now, another one. When I filled out my online registration, I needed to give HAL a credit card that would be charged $60 per day for incidentals. Whatever I don't use would then be refunded to the card at the end of the cruise. Isn't this the same thing as OBC's? I had a $$ figure in mind for my OBC, but now I should probably make it less due to the credit card charge?

And, it appears that each of us need to set up the charge? So, that would be $120 per day? Seems like that might cover nearly everything we would use.

Thanks for helping me understand this.

Your credit card will not be charged $60 per day. When you board, a "hold" will be put on your credit card for $60 per day per person. At the end of the cruise, your credit card will be charged for the actual amount you spent on board and the "hold" will be released from your credit card. If you have OBC (on board credit), it will reduce your final bill and what will be charged to your credit card. Or if OBC is more than your final bill, your credit card will be credited for the excess OBC. Some posters have said that Holland OBC is non-refundable but they refunded the remainder of our Holland OBC at the end of our most recent cruise (A grand total of $5.31.). OBC from your travel agent or that you purchased before the cruise is refundable.