Let FREEDOM ring! A picture review of our 2/25/17 cruise!

...How about we take a pop tart and fill it with really nasty meat? You can cook it in a sleeve thing, dunk it in a toilet.

:'):'):')

Love this review, and thank you!

"You could have a hot pocket for breakfast, a Hot Pocket for lunch, and be dead by dinner." :'):'):')

Thank you for reading and for knowing who Jim Gaffigan is! Lol

Darn, I can't see any pics. Anyone have a suggestion? Had same problem on another review. I've asked 9 times on the bugs thread and never get a response.

Oh no! Have you tried clearing your cache/cookies? I thought I read somewhere that might work. Or maybe powering off your device or logging out of CC and logging back in?

Enjoying your review! We are sailing on this ship in September, do you know how early you got to choose your check in time? It's still not showing up on our booking as an option and FTTF is sold out so I wanted to reserve our time as soon as possible unless the Freedom does not do the staggered boarding.:confused:

Thanks for reading! Yes, the Freedom does staggered check-in. Our check-in time was 10:30. I believe the earliest is 10:00.

When I left off, we were sitting in the Atrium, drinking some liquid happiness. We finished our drink, and decided to go check out the upper decks. We walked around deck 11 and Serenity. This is looking down onto a nearly empty Lido deck:

20170225_135650_zpsn3drhmbu.jpg

Nice tail!

20170228_133815_zpsxbbgk0bm.jpeg

After we explored a little bit, we decided to go check and see if our room was ready, and it was. Ya’ll. Get ready for the most fascinating, interesting, and riveting photos ever to be posted on Cruise Critic. (Not really.) For my work on these, I fully expect to win an Oscar, a Grammy, a Pulitzer, and whatever award it is that they hand out for exceptional photos. Remember what I said about being cheap? Well, I had let Carnival choose our room this time because I think it saved us roughly 3 bucks. They put us on deck 9 (Lido), room 9208. We were about as far forward as you could get. We didn’t like this location at all. “Our” bar this cruise ended up being the Alchemy, which is aft. And at night after you’ve hit your Cheers goal of 15 drinks and are trying to make your way back to your room while being alternatively sober (thank you Kellyanne) crossing the entire ship can be a challenge. We usually stay on deck 2 mid, and will go back to that from now on. Anyway, here are those compelling photos I was telling you about. This is what an interior cabin, category 4C looks like:

Check out that hot faux wood paneling!

20170225_135345_zps2bz1d6b3.jpg

Yes, that is another FunShip in this picture. We may or may not have grabbed another drink before we headed to check out our room. Don't judge.

20170225_134621_zpslt59rxe5.jpg

You know those old books, "Where's Waldo"? Well, my version is "Where's the FunShip?"

20170225_134631_zpsp8szkcxf.jpg

Looking toward the door:

20170225_134646_zpsphcfp1bf.jpg

To be continued......

I have to tell you...I am really, really enjoying this!!!! I love your sense of humor but am also enjoying your pictures. I'm going through withdrawal...cruise withdrawal, so it's always nice to have a good review to tide me over. Love the "Where's Waldo" and Funship Specials. Not judging, I tend to get one after another and never count. :o

I noticed in your siggy that you were on Magic on 4/6/14...I think you were supposed to be in Grand Cayman with us later that week (4/10). We were on Liberty that same week and knew we were scheduled to be in port with Magic, but the port authority closed the main port and the back up, so both ships missed it.

Thanks for taking the time to do a review and I'll definitely be following along.

Thanks for reading! Yes, the Freedom does staggered check-in. Our check-in time was 10:30. I believe the earliest is 10:00.

Ok, thank you! I'll keep checking. Your review is cracking me up, please keep it going, the next 6 days on your cruise should be VERY entertaining!!! (y)

20-animals-having-a-bad-hair-day-3_zps9otmjssg.jpg

To be continued.....

How did you get a picture of me? This is me anytime I venture out of the arid safety of the mountains.

Also, Hot Pockets is an all time fave comedy sketch. "Did I eat it or rub it on my face?"

SaveSave

Edited by LMBB

I have to tell you...I am really, really enjoying this!!!! I love your sense of humor but am also enjoying your pictures. I'm going through withdrawal...cruise withdrawal, so it's always nice to have a good review to tide me over. Love the "Where's Waldo" and Funship Specials. Not judging, I tend to get one after another and never count. :o

I noticed in your siggy that you were on Magic on 4/6/14...I think you were supposed to be in Grand Cayman with us later that week (4/10). We were on Liberty that same week and knew we were scheduled to be in port with Magic, but the port authority closed the main port and the back up, so both ships missed it.

Thanks for taking the time to do a review and I'll definitely be following along.

Thank you for reading! I know all about cruise withdrawal! LOL

And yes, that cruise was our very first, and we missed Grand Cayman. That day also happened to be our 15th wedding anniversary. We were disappointed, but we understood. We finally made it to GC on this cruise, though!

Sorry for the delay in posting! When I left off, I was giving you a riveting tour of our cabin. Let’s continue. I hope ya’lls (spellcheck, please have several seats, because "ya'lls" is a word) hearts can handle the excitement of seeing these pictures. Cue the 70's p*rn music and smooth down your 'stache as I show you this bed pic:

20170225_134550_zpsewynqs10.jpg

It seems to me that a lot of people complain about the lack of shelving space in the bathroom. Coming from someone who packs enough for several small villages and a couple of countries, I find the shelving to be adequate:

20170225_134727_zpstrt8jldl.jpg

This is where, every night, you wash off all the alcohol that you spilled on yourself as you approached your daily goal of 15 drinks. At least, that's what a friend of mine said.......:

20170225_134717_zpsfelwcsga.jpg

If you're like me and you bring your finest, most elegant jewelry from such upscale retailers like Claire's, Target, and Wal-Mart, then you'll probably want to protect your investment by utilizing the safe in your cabin. You never know when some shady b*&%$#s might bust in and rob you. So here's a pic of said safe:

20170225_134804_zpsnvmvkgrw.jpg

Ladies and gentlemen, that concludes my photo tour of our stateroom aboard the Carnival Freedom. To be continued.......

Ok, I'll join the crowd (not that I typically join crowds, I generally do the opposite), but you have me hooked, like a serial novel, I must stay tuned to see what the hero's get themselves into, and out of...

Actually, that is not true, you had me with the sheep...

Oh and by the way, we drove to Galveston from N. Texas, near Dallas, and Texas IS a VERY large state!

:)

Ok, I'll join the crowd (not that I typically join crowds, I generally do the opposite), but you have me hooked, like a serial novel, I must stay tuned to see what the hero's get themselves into, and out of...

Actually, that is not true, you had me with the sheep...

Oh and by the way, we drove to Galveston from N. Texas, near Dallas, and Texas IS a VERY large state!

:)

Lol, awesome! And, yes, that sheep IS glamour and style come to life! :D

Thanks for reading!

I'm truly enjoying this review! I am SO glad I found it. We were debating between Breeze and Freedom - leaning toward Freedom because of the itinerary. We've done the one of the Breeze SO many times and were looking for something new. I LOVE your sense of humor! Similar to mine. And t-shirts are my life!