Celebrating Christmas and New Year

CharTrav

Considering a cruise that starts on December 24th. I think it would be really cool to celebrate New Year onboard ship but trying to address reticence on the part of hubby to be away on Christmas Day (I'll miss singing with the choir on Christmas Eve but I guess missing one isn't that bad). What does Viking do? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

CharTrav --

I can't answer about Christmas but have you tried digging up the roll calls for the two 2016 Christmas cruises--one in the Caribbean and one in the Med-- and posting your question there. Maybe someone is still subscribed and will see your request and answer it.

We were on the Sea for this past New Years and I can tell you that the ship was festively/seasonally decorated but we arrived after Christmas day so I can't tell you what was done to celebrate the day.

As it turns out I've decided to concede/acquiesce to hubby's unease with being on holiday over Christmas. After 35+ yrs I've learned what battlefields to simply yield without debate. That said, we're going but on the Jan 7 2018 departure. I'll do a week leave during Christmas week, work the week after New Year's, and then vanish again for 2 wks. It'll work. [emoji4]

Oh and thanks for your reply!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by CharTrav

• 2 weeks later...

We just booked the cruise talked to family and everyone had different plans so decide the price difference from the Dec 24th sail and Jan 7th 2018 was significant Key West was to be the first stop but that has been cancelled