Azure Window has collapsed :(

stealthy

We where looking forward to see the Azure Window in June on MSC Meraviglia but now its gone! So Sad :(, we are massive Game Of Thrones fans and wanted to see this spot not only for its beautiful outlook and rugged coast but also because it was used in the GOT TV series.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/destinations/europe/malta/gozo/articles/maltas-famous-gozo-azure-window-arch-collapses-into-sea/

We haven't booked the MSC tour as yet and now probably wont? Might do a independent tour of other sites around Malta.

So sad for the locals who will notice a decline in numbers to the site and in part there income as well.

It goes to show that nothing lasts for ever, mother nature at its best will shape the world every minute of the day.

The 12 Apostles in my state of Victoria, Australia had 12 limestone outcrops of stone like this...... there are only 8 left due to constant waves and erosion.

I saw the story but never equated it with missing the opportunity to see it - I'm a big fan of the show, too. I'm watching the repeats of the series on Sky Atlantic for the umpteenth time and had seen the wedding episode only a couple of weeks ago.