Discounts in January

jcrabin

Hi all,

I've been watching the weekley RCCL Promowave and Happy Hour Specials for a deal on pretty much any cruise during the 2nd week in January 2006.

So far, nearly every ship has a deal on the 1st week (probably since all the cruises that week are 6 as opposed to 7 nights). However, they are now discounting further into the new year, but only the Radiance of the Seas has a deal on it for the 2nd week.

I pretty much have to take my vacation during that time, so here is my dillema... Do I book my cruise now and pay whatever, or do I wait to see what other deals are available. I'm open to any of the newer ships, but I don't like the Radiance's itnitery becuase I'm bored of the same old RCCL western caribbean ports.

Any insights would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

~ Jared

I have cruised numberous times in January, I think it is a good time of year to go, especially since I don't like winter very much. I am crusing the second week in January on the VOS. Some of my family members decided they want to go a few days ago, but were discouraged when they saw the rates were so much higher than what we paid about a year ago. They called our travel agent and she was able to give them a lower rate than any one else offered. I would recommend calling around, you never know what kind of deal you can get. Besides, if the price drops and you have booked through a travel agent, you can request to get the cheaper price! I had done this twice and it worked well! Good Luck, if you are VOS, I may see you!

Archived