Questions about passports at time of booking and cabins for minors.

conquesodor

Maybe these are questions I should get answers for by calling Celebrity customer service, but I've read so many stories about confusing or inaccurate information from callers that I'm hoping someone here has experience with this. :)

The reason I am asking is that I am interested in pre-booking two cabins for a future 2018 cruise when I am on Constellation in May. One cabin would be for my future wife and myself. The second cabin would be for two children who don't currently have passports, but will have them before 2018.

We've always had our passports available when booking cruises in the past and we always included that information at the time of booking, but I can't remember if it was actually required or just helpful?

Are there any other snags I should be prepared for before I get on Constellation? For instance, my finance won't be on Constellation with me and she is the mother of the kids in question - will Celebrity care that I'm not a legal guardian at the time of booking?

One of the kids will be turning 21 on the cruise I want to book, but will be 20 on the day of sailing - will Celebrity's normal rules about booking cabins with "unattended minors" still apply?

Hopefully this will be easier than I am imagining, but it doesn't hurt to be prepared!

Thanks

Maybe these are questions I should get answers for by calling Celebrity customer service, but I've read so many stories about confusing or inaccurate information from callers that I'm hoping someone here has experience with this. :)

The reason I am asking is that I am interested in pre-booking two cabins for a future 2018 cruise when I am on Constellation in May. One cabin would be for my future wife and myself. The second cabin would be for two children who don't currently have passports, but will have them before 2018.

We've always had our passports available when booking cruises in the past and we always included that information at the time of booking, but I can't remember if it was actually required or just helpful?

Are there any other snags I should be prepared for before I get on Constellation? For instance, my finance won't be on Constellation with me and she is the mother of the kids in question - will Celebrity care that I'm not a legal guardian at the time of booking?

One of the kids will be turning 21 on the cruise I want to book, but will be 20 on the day of sailing - will Celebrity's normal rules about booking cabins with "unattended minors" still apply?

Hopefully this will be easier than I am imagining, but it doesn't hurt to be prepared!

Thanks

You don't need them to book. When you do your online check in about 45 days before the cruise if you have passports they will ask you the number and expire date. The place you need to have your passports or other valid documents is at check in at the dock on embarkation.

I believe the rules on age, thinking back to our son, was that he had to be the age at embarkation. Best to read the t&c. I'm taking it that the other is under 21. They did allow them to be in an adjoining or cabin across the corridor though.

Sent from my iPad using Forums