Easter Friday in Heraklion

BrianC-80

Hey everyone,

So I thought I had plans for my upcoming cruise when we stop in Heraklion. We were going to jump on the bus and head to Knossos on the bus. Except I've realised today that I misread the opening hours for Easter Friday, and it's actually only open between 8am and midday, and we don't get in till 2pm.

That's fine, but then this really confused me. The cruise line (Norwegian) is selling excursions to Knossos. You know, the place that'll be closed while we're in port.

So a dual question - 1) Do you think it's likely that NCL has actually managed to get Knossos open solely for it's excursions, or they've simply screwed up and will be cancelling those excursions in about three weeks time?

2) What is there to do on Easter Friday in Heraklion instead?

Thanks,

Brian

I'd be pretty sure the site won't open for a ship during Easter, the biggest holiday of the year. You could ask: efahra@culture.gr

According to their website, the Archaeological museum is open until 17:00. It's a fantastic new museum, which holds all important finds from Knossos & all around Crete.

I'd be pretty sure the site won't open for a ship during Easter, the biggest holiday of the year. You could ask: efahra@culture.gr

According to their website, the Archaeological museum is open until 17:00. It's a fantastic new museum, which holds all important finds from Knossos & all around Crete.

Thanks, I'll look into that instead.

We had a similar issue for our Greek cruise. We were to call on katakolon on May 1 which is a holiday. I knew ancient Olympia would be closed but it took awhile for someone at princess to realize it. Our dates was eventually changed. We're now at sea on May 1

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hey everyone,

So I thought I had plans for my upcoming cruise when we stop in Heraklion. We were going to jump on the bus and head to Knossos on the bus. Except I've realised today that I misread the opening hours for Easter Friday, and it's actually only open between 8am and midday, and we don't get in till 2pm.

That's fine, but then this really confused me. The cruise line (Norwegian) is selling excursions to Knossos. You know, the place that'll be closed while we're in port.

So a dual question - 1) Do you think it's likely that NCL has actually managed to get Knossos open solely for it's excursions, or they've simply screwed up and will be cancelling those excursions in about three weeks time?

2) What is there to do on Easter Friday in Heraklion instead?

Thanks,

Brian

Are you using the Greek Orthodox Easter as the date? They follow a different calendar for religious holidays.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums